PORT ANGELES — Clallam County is seeking volunteers to fill 102 vacancies on 21 advisory boards and committees.
The deadline to apply is the close of business Friday, Feb. 11.
To apply, call the commissioners’ office at 360-417-2233; visit their office at the Clallam County Courthouse, Suite 4, 223 E. Fourth St.; or download an application from the county website, www.clallam.net.
Descriptions of the advisory panels — and the application form itself — are available under the “Boards, Committees and Groups” link on the county website.
Current members with expiring terms who wish to retain their positions are asked to provide a written statement to the commissioners’ office: fax at 360-417-2493; mail at 223 E. Fourth St., Suite 4, Port Angeles 98362; or email to [email protected].
Vacancies exist on the following advisory panels, with specific categories listed where applicable:
• Behavioral Health Advisory Board (3) — Openings for representatives of: tribal, services for homeless and at-large.
• Building Code Board of Appeals (4) — Openings for representatives for two alternates and an ICC-certified fire marshal,
• Civil Service Commission (1) — Opening for a Democrat/Independent representative.
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Community Action Team (3) — Openings for two at-large members and a business owner (Clallam Bay/Sekiu Chamber of Commerce).
• Crescent Community Advisory Council (3) — Openings for representatives of grange; area business owner or individual who owns commercially zoned property; and a Crescent School District Student Body alternate.
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (2) — Openings for two committee members.
• Homelessness Task Force (34) — Openings for representatives of Health and Human Services Department alternate; City government of Forks; City government of Forks alternate; City government of Sequim alternate; Tribal government of Jamestown S’Klallam; Tribal government of Jamestown S’Klallam alternate; Tribal government of Lower Elwha Klallam; Tribal government of Lower Elwha Klallam alternate; Tribal government of Makah; Tribal government of Makah alternate; Tribal government of Quileute; Tribal government of Quileute alternate; Healthcare providers alternate; Peninsula Housing Authority alternate; Mental health/substance use providers; Mental health/substance use providers alternate; Department of Social and Health Services alternate; West End service providers alternate; Olympic Community Action Programs alternate; United Way alternate; WorkSource; WorkSource alternate; Law and Justice System alternate; Faith Community; Faith Community alternate; Business Community, Business Community alternate; Homeless or formerly homeless; Homeless or formerly homeless alternate; at-large; at-large alternate; Advocate for youth issues and Advocate for youth issues alternate.
• Lake Sutherland Steering Committee (1) — Openings for one committee member.
• Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (1) — Opening for one collector of the tax representative.
• Marine Resources Committee (7) — Openings for representatives of Sequim City Council alternate; Port of Port Angeles Commission alternate; Makah tribe; Makah tribe alternate; Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe alternate; marine -related recreation and tourism alternate; conservation/environmental alternate; and District I alternate.
• North Olympic Library System (1) — Opening for one representative.
• Noxious Weed Control Board (1) — Openings for representative of Geographic Area 3.
• Olympic Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council (1) — Opening for one representative of Clallam County.
• Park and Recreation Advisory Board (1) — Opening for one committee member position.
• Peninsula Housing Authority (1) — Opening for one representative of Clallam County.
• Permit Advisory Board (11) — Openings for representatives of architect; building designer; building trades; certified septic designer/installer; engineer category (structural/civil); Economic Development Council; environmental consultant; homebuilders association; propane/wood stove contractor; Manufactured Homes/Mobile Home Association; and ex officio-planning manager.
• Planning Commission (1) — Opening for a representative of District II.
• Port Crescent Pioneer Cemetery (2) — Openings for two committee member positions.
• Sheriff’s Citizens Advisory Committee (5) — Openings for representatives of Forks and unincorporated area; Quileute Tribe; Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe; Joyce; and law and justice.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee (12) — Openings for at-large; at-large alternate; solid waste industry (West Waste Recycling); solid waste industry (West Waste Recycling) alternate; solid waste recycling (Waste Connection); tribal governments; tribal governments alternate; Clallam County alternate; city of Forks alternate; business community; business community alternate; and agriculture community alternate.
• Trails Advisory Committee (7) — Openings for representatives of Olympic National Park; a large private forest company; tribal government(s); commercial trail business; off-road motorized user groups; U.S. Forest Service (ex-officio member); and trail event coordinator.