Frequently Asked Questions

Have questions? We’ve got answers. Below, find answers to questions from our:

We hope you’ll have all your questions answered, but if you need to know more, please reach the appropriate person via our Contact Us page!

Newspaper Subscriptions and Delivery

Below are answers to common questions we receive.

You can also directly contact our Subscriber Center here.

Q: If I use more than one computer (e.g. home and office), do I need to purchase two digital subscriptions, or can others in my household use the same account?
You will be able to log into all of your devices at home or work with your subscription.

Q: What is the cancellation and refund policy?
You may cancel your subscription at any time.

  • For digital-only subscribers that cancel, we will stop charging your account the following billing cycle on the 20th of each month.
  • If you cancel a subscription that spans more than 30 days (e.g. annual subscriptions), you are entitled to a pro-rata refund for all unused months of your subscription.
  • Subscriptions that span 30 days or less (e.g. monthly subscriptions) and donations are non-refundable unless canceled within 24 hours of purchase.

Q: How do I access my digital subscription account?
If you are a print subscriber:

  1. Go to
  2. If you haven’t previously registered, click “Existing Subscriber? Create Login” enter your information, and create a password. This email address and password will also function as your login to
  3. If you have already registered at the Self Service Center, but are having trouble logging in to read the Peninsula Daily News, please call our customer service team at (800) 826-7714 or email us at

If you have purchased a digital only subscription to Peninsula Daily News:

  1. Click the “Sign In” button located at the top right of the website.
  2. Use the User Name and Password you created when signing up.
  3. If you wish to change a password or payment plan go to and user your User Name and Password to log in to access your account.

Q: How do I update my billing information?

  1. When you are logged in you will see the option to “Edit billing info” after clicking the “Menu” button at the top right of the screen.
  2. Click this and you will go to a page for you to enter your billing information.
  3. Submit your billing information upon completion.

Q: How do I update my password?

  1. When you are logged in you will see the option to “Update account” after clicking the “Menu” button at the top right of the screen.
  2. Click this to be brought to a field for updating your password.
  3. Save changes upon completion.

Q: How do I reach Subscription Services for new subscriptions, gift subscriptions, vacation stops and starts, subscription renewals, missed deliveries, incomplete papers, billing questions?
Call Circulation directly at (360) 452-4507 or the toll free line to our receptionist (800) 826-7714 and ask for Circulation. Or, email

Circulation office hours:
6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to noon on Sunday.

After-hours requests and reporting via voicemail or email may not be effective unless you speak slowly and clearly, remembering to leave your name, delivery address, phone number, and the reason for your call.

Email Circulation at to get your request started! One of our representatives will call to assist you further, if necessary.

Q: What should I do if my newspaper does not arrive or if sections are missing?
We are very sorry if your paper did not arrive as expected. Contact us if your newspaper has not arrived by 6:30 a.m. Monday through Friday or by 7:30 a.m. on Sunday. Depending on where you live, we may be able to redeliver your paper or the missing sections to you the same day. Since that is not always possible, you may request that we bundle the missing paper with the next day’s delivery or we can credit your account by extending your subscription by the number of days you missed. Please remember that we don’t deliver on Saturdays!

Call us at (360) 452-4507 or (800) 826-7714 to let us know about your missing paper.

If you must leave a phone message, please speak slowly and clearly, and be sure to include your name, delivery address, and home phone number.

Q: If I go on vacation and wish to temporarily suspend my newspaper, will my account be credited?
If you notify us in advance, we will suspend delivery and extend your subscription by the number of days you are away. In most cases, your temporary suspension can take effect in three days or less from the date you make the request.

We can save your newspapers if you are going to be gone for a short time. Just ask for a Vacation Pak, and we’ll simply save your newspapers and deliver them on the day of your return.

We encourage you to consider donating your vacation copies to students, through our Newspaper in Education program. Rather than receiving credit on your account for the period of your absence, students in our local schools will receive their own copy of the Peninsula Daily News even in the summer months. To donate your vacation copies simply let our Customer Service Representative know when you call or email to schedule your suspension.

Please call us at (360) 452-4507 or (800) 826-7714 to schedule your vacation request.

You may also notify us via email Please give us at least two days’ notice to process your request.

If you leave a phone message or send an email, to ensure that we serve you correctly, please include the dates, (not just the number of days) for your requested suspension along with your name, delivery address, and home phone number. Eg: Stop delivery on Wed. Jan 2nd and restart Sunday Jan. 13th.

Q: Is it necessary to call to restart my subscription after it has been temporarily suspended?
If you provide a restart date when you suspend delivery you do not need to call again to restart your delivery. However, if the restart date has changed, or was not provided when the account was suspended, you will need to speak to a customer service representative in our Circulation Department.

Q: Do you have a Newspaper in Education program?
Yes, our Newspaper in Education (NIE) program helps students become well-informed citizens by using the Peninsula Daily News as a classroom text. We distribute more than 18,000 newspapers during the school year in nine school districts. The NIE program is entirely paid for by sponsorships and by vacation donations from our subscribers, so there is no cost to participating teachers. The demand for newspapers in the classroom grows each year. To find out how you or your business can become an NIE sponsor, call our NIE coordinator at (360) 417-7690.

Q: Which edition of the Peninsula Daily News is delivered to me?
If your delivery address is in Clallam County, you get our Port Angeles-Sequim-West End edition. If you’re in Jefferson County, you get our Port Townsend-Jefferson County edition.

We print two editions to give you a better focus on your local news. Significant local, national and international stories appear in both editions.

Q: Do you have an automatic payment option for my subscription?
We do! With our new Easy Pay option you have the convenience and choice of paying annually, semi-annually, quarterly or monthly. Easy Pay saves you money, and ensures that you never miss a delivery due to a missed renewal!

Our Customer Service Representative can set you up with Easy Pay over the phone in just a few minutes to have your subscription automatically billed to your Visa, Master Card or American Express credit or debit card. Call (360) 452-4507 or (800) 826-7714 today!

Q: How can I reach the Peninsula Daily News Circulation Department via email? is the address to use if you wish to correspond with the Circulation Department via email.

Q: What do I do if a news rack takes my money?
Contact our Circulation Department at (360) 452-4507. We will be happy to reimburse you or provide you with a newspaper.

Q: How do I buy back issues of the paper?
If you are in the area, come into our office in Port Angeles to purchase back issues of your county’s edition at the regular price. The Port Angeles office tries to have papers available from as far back as a year ago; however, we may be out of specific dates. Papers can also be mailed to you. The cost, including postage, is $3.50 for daily papers and $4.50 for Sunday. To contact mailed subscriptions call (360) 452-4507 or email your request to

Q: Can I order a paper as a gift for a relative or friend?
Absolutely! Call (360) 452-4507 or (800) 826-7714 with the name and delivery address of your relative or friend to have a Customer Service Representative set this up. Have your credit or debit card handy for Easy Pay automatic payments.

Q: How do I become a Peninsula Daily News carrier?
We would love to talk with you! Contact the District Sales Manager by calling (360) 452-4507. Carriers are independent contractors and must have their own transportation, a valid driver’s license and insurance.

Q: How do I get a paper tube installed? Is it automatic? Do I have to put it up myself?
You may request that a paper tube be installed by your carrier or you may install it yourself. Your paper tube will keep your paper from getting wet, blown away, or “borrowed” by your neighbor’s dog.

Q: Can I say where it should go?
You may suggest a location for your paper tube, but the carrier might choose another, based on his/her delivery contract with PDN.

Q: Can I use my old paper tube from another newspaper company?
You may use another company’s tube, but they may return at a future date to reclaim it. If this should happen, just call to have a PDN tube installed.

Q: Can you use my mailbox for paper delivery?
No, it is against Federal Law for anybody to use your mailbox to deliver anything other than mail.

Q: May I request that my paper be delivered to a specific place for me to pick up each morning?
You are welcome to make a request for a delivery location that is most convenient for you. However, the carriers have a set of delivery criteria that may prevent them from granting your request, or they may choose not to, based on options that they are given in their contract. Please remember that your carrier is on the road very early, in the dark and unpleasant weather, much of the year. Their safety is important to PDN and to you!

Special requests, on behalf of those whose conditions make access to the “standard” delivery point difficult, will be forwarded to the carrier for consideration. If the carrier does not voluntarily accept the special request, PDN customers may ask that their request be reviewed by the District Manager, who will make the final decision.

Q: I live in an Assisted Living facility now, and my paper delivery isn’t consistent…why doesn’t my carrier deliver it to my room?
Your carrier only delivers newspapers to the desk or lobby of your facility, just like other multi-family residential buildings and complexes. This is for your protection! The staff generally distributes the delivered papers according to that facilities guideline.

Sometimes the problem is with the facility’s staff performance, and busy workers misplace your paper.

Our Circulation personnel will do their best to reconcile the situation. Please be patient, as messages must go out to the carriers and the staff, to determine where the problem begins, so we can end it!

Please continue to call us anytime your paper doesn’t show up. We will credit your account, or bundle the missed paper with the next day’s paper for delivery…your choice!

Whatever the reason, we recognize your disappointment, and will do all possible to ensure that the next delivery is right!

Q: Why do I get a bill right after I pay for my new subscription? Didn’t you record my payment? Do I need to call to make sure that my payment was registered?
It is not necessary to call about the automatic billing that is immediately generated by our new subscription input system. If there have been any problems with your payments, we’ve called you already to rectify the situation by the time you’ve gotten the bill. At the same time, for your peace of mind, we will welcome the opportunity to get to know you and review your account status.

Q: When I call Circulation they ask a lot of questions…why do they need my phone number, and what are they doing with my email address?
These questions help us to ensure that the account we are dealing with is yours, and not somebody with the same, or similar name. If you saw the size and complexity of the PDN’s database you’d be amazed that we don’t ask for more! Many times the phone number is the key that unlocks the mystery of where your file is located.

Your email address will allow us to easily confirm requests you’ve made regarding your account. We may also email you to alert you to an impending renewal billing. This saves time for you and our staff, and is a less interruptive manner of communicating with you, and gives you pertinent contact information in writing for you to refer to at the time most convenient to you.

Q: I’ve gotten calls from Circulation telling me that my subscription renewal is due and they’ll help me by arranging for payment over the phone, but I keep getting paper delivery…are these calls authentic?
Probably. Sometimes our branch office personnel will help out with the reminder and renewal calls. If you have any questions about this, don’t hesitate to call the Circulation office to complete any payments you wish to make using your debit or credit card over the phone. (Our branch personnel will not be offended at you taking this security precaution!)

Q: Sometimes I get a call from somebody in Circulation saying they need to update my credit card information…why? How can I determine if this is a legitimate call?
If you use our Easy Pay automatic renewal system, or if your subscription is allowed to lapse, when we go to bill your credit/debit card it may be rejected for a number of reasons. Sometimes the funds for that account are insufficient, other times your card has expired, you’ve cancelled that card, or your bank’s automatic security feature has made your account unavailable for anybody to withdraw from, usually temporarily.

Regardless of the reason, once the card has been rejected, we no longer have enough information to complete your transaction without your participation. Again, if you have any questions about who might be asking you for this information, you initiate the call to Circulation and our reps will finalize your transaction with you.

News Department

Q: How can I get an announcement regarding my nonprofit organization or my local business in the PDN?
Type the basic information—who, what, when, where, why and how – and any other pertinent information, such as a short biography of a guest speaker, etc., and mail it to News Department, PDN, P.O. Box 1330, Port Angeles, WA 98362. Or you can fax it to (360) 417-3521, or email it to

Be sure to include your name and daytime phone number so we can contact you if we have any questions. Call (360) 417-3527 for additional information.

Q: How can I get a wedding, engagement or anniversary announcement and photo in the PDN?
Our newsroom, (360) 417-3527, has convenient forms to help you tell us all pertinent information for an article.

A photo, published only from weddings and “then-and-now” 50th wedding anniversaries, should be in color, a minimum 4 inches by 5 inches in size, contain only the couple (not an entire wedding party, please!), and be sharp in focus. An emailed photo ( must have a minimum resolution of at least 150 dpi and 300k to assist good color reproduction in the newspaper. Photos will be returned upon request.

Submissions will be accepted up to two months after the wedding ceremony or one month before the anniversary.

Wedding and anniversary subjects must be North Olympic Peninsula residents or have a direct connection to Clallam and Jefferson counties. If you have a question about residency, please call (360) 417-3527.

Q: Can I submit news items without driving to Port Angeles?
Absolutely! In addition to our main office, the Peninsula Daily News has two drop-off locations and a website to serve you. You can submit news via email to and on our website under Contact Us.

In addition to our main plant at 305 W. First St., Port Angeles, we have drop-off slots in Sequim at 147-B W. Washington St., and in Port Townsend at 1939 E. Sims Way.

Q: How do I get a letter to the editor or a Point of View column published on the Opinion page?
Letters to the editor of up to 250 words address subjects of public interest. Point of View and Teen Point of View guest columns of between 300 and 500 words focus on a North Olympic Peninsula lifestyle issue.

Email to, fax to (360) 417-3521 or mail to Letters to the Editor, PDN, P.O. Box 1330, Port Angeles WA 98362.

Oh, yes — only one letter or column per month, please. We want to maximize access to our Commentary page.

Q: How can I get a reporter to cover a news story?
The managing editor/news, Leah Leach, (360) 417-3531, supervises the reporting staff. Discuss your story proposal with Michael.

Q: How can I get a reporter to cover a news story for Jefferson County?

Brian McLean is the PDN Managing Editor for Jefferson Country. You can also call our office in Port Townsend at (360) 385-2335. Charlie Bermant is the Jefferson County reporter.

Or you can reach our news desk toll-free at (800) 826-7714, Ext. 531.

Q: How do I report sports scores or get my team’s results in the sports section?
Scores and game reports must be submitted in writing to reduce the possibility of errors. They can be delivered to the PDN at any of its offices, although we recommend faxing them to (360) 417-3521 or emailing them to to ensure timely publication.

Call the sports desk at (360) 417-3525 or (800) 826-7714, Ext. 5150, for further information. Pierre LaBossiere is the sports editor.

Q: How do I get permission to reprint published material from the PDN?
Permission must be obtained from the executive editor, Leah Leach, at (360) 417-3530, publisher, Terry Ward, at (360) 417-3500 ext. 15050, or general manager, Steve Perry, at 360-417-3540. Fees and royalty rights may apply.

Publication of any copyright material without prior permission is prohibited.

Q: How do I get reprints of photos I see in the PDN?
Our website,, is the place to start. Look for the “Photo Gallery, Buy Pictures Here” button. Click on that button and you will see the photo albums to view and purchase pictures. You can select the picture size or have the picture printed on a variety of products, such as coffee mugs, T-shirts, and mouse pads.

Our reprints are available for personal use only. Associated Press photos are not available for reprint

Written permission must be obtained from the publisher or executive editor before photos, articles or other materials can be republished. Not all photographs that appear in the newspaper are on our Web site for sale.

Classified Ads

Q: How do I place a classified ad?
Online: To place your ad, click on the Classifieds link “Today’s Ads” then on the drop down “Place a Classified” and follow the instructions. Or email us at, then simply follow the instructions. It’s that easy! You can email your ads to us 24 hours a day.

Call: You can also call us 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at (360) 452-8435 or toll free at (800) 826-7714. Our fax number is (360) 417-3507.

Mail: Our mailing address is P.O. Box 1330, Port Angeles, WA 98362.

In Person: And, of course, you can drop it off in person in Port Angeles at 305 W. First St., or in Sequim at 147-B W. Washington St., or in Port Townsend at 1939 E. Sims Way. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Deadline for classified ads is one business day prior to publication by 12:00 p.m. Ads are published subject to our acceptance and credit policies. We accept VISA and MasterCard and American Express over the telephone.

  1. Please be prepared to provide us with the following information:
    Your full name, street address, city and ZIP, plus your daytime telephone number and, if you have one, your email address. A Peninsula Daily News representative will contact you with a price quote.
  2. Please include the days you want the ad to appear. Other pertinent details to include are the make, year, style, color, features, brand name, age and condition. We recommend you include the price of the item(s).
  3. Be sure to include your telephone number(s) for the ad and your email address if you have one so buyer can contact you.
    Garage sale ad? Don’t forget to list the address and day and time of the sale.
  4. Your classified ad will appear in the Peninsula Daily News, which has a circulation of 15,500 on weekdays and 16,000 on Sundays. Your ad will also appear on our Web site, allowing shoppers from around the world to find your ad.

Classified ads on our Web site can also be electronically searched by category, job title, make of auto, style of home and other keywords.

Whether you’re selling your car or your house or just advertising a garage sale, motivated consumers will find you through the Peninsula Daily News and Peninsula Daily News Online.

Retail Display Advertising

Q: How do I place a retail display ad in the Peninsula Daily News?
To talk with us in person about your advertising needs you can stop by one of our offices at 305 W. First Street in Port Angeles or 147-B W. Washington St. in Sequim. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Call us at (360) 452-2345 or (800) 826-7714 during business hours; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Our fax number is (360) 417-3554.

Our mailing address is P.O. Box 1330, Port Angeles, WA 98362.

Our email address is

A few rules: Deadline for advertising is two business days prior to publication. Ads are published subject to our acceptance and credit policies. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.

Q: How many people will see my classified or display ad?
Our newspaper’s strength is in the sheer number of people and households it reaches with your advertising message. In Clallam and Jefferson counties on Washington’s beautiful North Olympic Peninsula the Peninsula Daily News reaches more than 30,000 adult readers Monday through Friday and more than 36,000 on Sundays. We are the largest news media on the Peninsula and the only newspaper that has paid and ABC-audited circulation.

Our newspaper is packed with news, information and advertising. It is invited into homes by more consumers than any other news medium. The Peninsula Daily News is the newspaper people read for in-depth local news and information, in both Clallam and Jefferson Counties.