SEQUIM — A small electrical fire scorched three golf carts at the Cedars at Dungeness.
Assistant Chief Eric Quitslund with Clallam County Fire District 3 said fire crews were dispatched at 5:13 p.m. Wednesday to a shed for the golf carts at the golf course at 1965 Woodcock Road.
One of the carts had been parked there for about an hour before catching fire.
It was a relatively small electrical fire that filled the building with smoke, Quitslund said.
Director of Golf/General Manager Bill Shea said the fire also damaged two neighboring carts and his staff is assessing if those two carts can be repaired.
Shea said they are fortunate no one was hurt and the sprinklers contained most of the fire.
“Shout out to the Fire District and [Clallam County Sheriff’s Office] for coming so quickly,” Shea said.
The carts are three of the course’s 72 carts housed between three sheds, Shea said, and they were purchased about two-and-a-half-years ago. The building and carts are also insured, he said.
Following the fire, Shea said they’ll assess how extensive the damage was to the electrical system and shed, and determine the best methods for cleaning the other carts in the barn.