PORT ANGELES — A 15-foot by 15-foot wooden shed filled with firewood on Bean Road just north of Lincoln Park caught fire and burned part of a fence Friday morning but didn’t spread to nearby residences, said Clallam 2 Fire-Rescue Chief Jake Patterson.
Firefighters knocked down the flames in about 10 minutes, he said.
The suspected cause was a heat lamp provided for livestock. The fire was not considered suspicious, according to a press release from Clallam 2 Fire-Rescue.
Clallam 2 responded with two fire engines, one ambulance and two chief officers.
The Port Angeles Fire Department responded with one fire engine and one chief officer, along with Port Angeles police officers and Clallam County Sheriff’s deputies.