PORT ANGELES — The North Olympic Library System will transition to a new catalog system Tuesday morning, and access to the catalog may be limited or unavailable during the transition, personnel said.
NOLS — which oversees libraries in Port Angeles, Sequim, Forks and Clallam Bay — said that new features of the upgraded catalog include:
• Easier discovery of new books through browsable displays and more powerful search options.
• Display of all available formats for a single title in a single place.
• Ability to check out and access e-books, e-audiobooks and digital magazines directly from the catalog.
• Integration of other electronic resources, such as Overdrive or Hoopla.
• Reading recommendations and ratings.
Current checkouts, holds and saved lists will still be accessible from the new catalog.
For more information, visit www.nols.org.