The Washington State Innovation Cluster Accelerator is a multi-year program that so far has developed nine clusters:
• The Built Cluster is led by The CleanTech Alliance. It advances the development and adoption of clean technologies to decarbonize elements of the built environment including human-made structures, features such as energy and transportation and facilities where people live and work.
• The Advanced Technology Cluster is led by the Washington Technology Industry Association. It uses quantum computing and distributed ledger technologies (blockchain) to grow advanced technologies and maintain Washington’s technology leadership.
• The Consortium for Hydrogen and Renewable Generated E-Fuels is led by Washington State University’s Joint Center for Deployment and Research in Earth Abundant Materials (JCDREAM). It explores the use of hydrogen to decarbonize heavy-duty transport, aviation and shipping and reduce reliance on non-renewable fuel sources.
• Washington VERTical is led by the Port of Benton. It is accelerating the transition to clean, renewable and non-emitting energy production sources by 2025 through advanced nuclear power technologies.
• The Evergreen Bioscience Innovation Cluster is led by Greater Spokane, Inc., nonprofit business development organization. It is working to make the Intermountain Northwest and Washington state a magnet for companies providing and consuming expert life and health science contract research, development and manufacturing services of medicines and medical devices by enhancing workforce development and services to pharmaceutical and medical devices companies.
• The Sustainable Aerospace Technologies and Energies Cluster is led by the Aerospace Futures Alliance, an Everett-based industry trade organization. It works to advance aviation’s global fight against climate change by leading the research, development and deployment of sustainable aviation fuels, electrified aircraft and hydrogen-powered aviation.
• The Washington Autonomous Vehicle Cluster is led by the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance. It works to accelerate the advancement of unpiloted and autonomous vehicles, with an initial focus on the growing need for waterborne craft.
• Pacific Northwest Aerospace Cluster is led by Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance. It seeks to advance the Pacific Northwest aerospace manufacturing competitiveness through technology innovation, sustainable manufacturing, supply chain mapping, workforce development and marketing.
• Enterprise Digital Growth Ecosystem (EDGE) Cluster is led by the 5G Open Innovation Lab. It uses edge computing and 5G to digitally transform agriculture, energy and utilities, healthcare, manufacturing and transportation and logistics.