SHINE – One project on the state Highway 104 Hood Canal Bridge was wrapped up Thursday morning while another will need an extra night to complete, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The lighting improvement project on the bridge was completed ahead of schedule, so the bridge closure scheduled for 11 p.m. Thursday to 4 a.m. Friday was canceled. Instead, the bridge operated as normal, with the span remaining open to traffic subject to typical closures for marine vessels.
Night work on the Hood Canal Bridge resumes during Saturday night for a project that helps keep both halves of the bridge together, DOT said in a press release. Also, an extra night of work has been added to the schedule from 11 p.m. Thursday, June 15 to 4 a.m. Friday, June 16.
Upcoming total night closure schedule:
• 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday.
• 11 p.m. Monday to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
• 11 p.m. Tuesday, June 13 to 4 a.m. Wednesday, June 14.
• 11 p.m. Wednesday, June 14 to 4 a.m. Thursday, June 15.
• 11 p.m. Thursday, June 15 to 4 a.m. Friday, June 16.
Real-time news on bridge closures is available on Hoodcanalbridge.com, the WSDOT app and the WSDOT regional Twitter feed.