SEQUIM — A quilt show, music jam and a talk on candle-making are among the activities planned tonight during the First Friday Art Walk.
The free self-guided art walk is from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at a variety of venues near downtown Sequim.
Each monthly art walk has a color theme. The theme for the August walk is yellow.
“Everyone is encouraged to wear yellow or cheerful, fun apparel during the Art Walk to celebrate our sunny Sequim,” said organizer Renne Emiko Brock.
• Forage Gifts & Northwest Treasures, 121 W. Washington St., features Mikie Smith of Full Moon Candle. She will display candle fragrances in several style options and speak on the process of candle-making.
• Blue Whole Gallery, 129 W. Washington St., showcases the “Joy in the world with an element of whimsy” exhibit, with glass designer Sheri Whetstine and ceramicist Steve Wry.
• Sequim Museum & Arts, 544 N. Sequim Ave., features the Peninsula Art Quilters. Ten artists from the Peninsula Art Quilters group, a sub group of Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Club, are displaying a wide variety of art quilts and dimensional works.
• Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County’s Sequim Habitat Boutique Store, 213 E. Washington St., will be open from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. with the Habitat Clallam “Create for Chair-ity” Art Auction and live music with OC.
It is hosting the silent auction with 16 unique chairs as a collaboration with First Friday Art Walk Sequim.
• Sequim Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar St., from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. will be the venue for the City Arts Advisory Commission’s First Friday Open Music Jam.
Participants are urged to bring acoustic instruments and/or their voices for an informal gathering of people who like to make music.
In the Karen Kuznek-Reese Gallery inside the civic center, the juried “Pacific Northwest Wonder” exhibition is on view from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Rainshadow Café, 157 W. Cedar St., is offering live music with Dawn & Steve from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Cedarbrook Lavender Gift Shop, 120 W. Washington St., offers gifts, lavender creations, treats and vintage décor items.
• Sequim Spice and Tea, 139 W. Washington St., has unique art including glass, pottery, illustration and photography of local artists.It also offers tea blends, teapots and cups and culinary gifts.
Visit SequimArtWalk.com to download and print a map, find special events, links and how to be part of art.
To participate as a venue or artist on the Official First Friday Art Walk Sequim map, listing and website, contact Brock at 360-460-3023 or [email protected] asyou.com. Artists of any media are encouraged to get information to her for publicity and opportunities.
The Art Walk Facebook page is at facebook.com/sequimartwalk.