Holiday entertainment swings into full force this weekend.
• Makers Market and Light Art Experience at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center open today to kick off Wintertide, a month of festivities and celebration.
The Makers Market will be set in the Esther Webster Gallery and the light art installations will be spread throughout the 5 acres of Webster’s Woods, both at the arts center at 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
The Makers Market will run from today through Dec. 18 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays and extended hours until 8 p.m. each Friday.
The Light Art Experience will run from today through Dec. 28 in Webster’s Woods.
The artworks will be lit up nightly from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The Makers Market will offer a range of locally-made gifts by 37 artists and artisans from Clallam County. Visitors will find art prints, home decor, jewelry, body care, kitchenware, cards, stickers and clothing.
It will offer “an alternative atmosphere to the frenzy of Black Friday shopping,” according to a press release.
Warm or alcoholic beverages and heated seating will be provided in the courtyard from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight with live music from alt-folk singer-songwriter Elena Loper from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Craft nut roasters D’s Nuts will sell snacks in the courtyard from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information about the Wintertide Festival of Lights and to buy tickets, see www.pafac.org/wintertidefestival.
• Winter Ice Village — The annual Port Angeles Winter Ice Village is open for its fifth season with daily ice skating through Jan. 2 at 121 W. Front St.
Operating hours are from noon to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Skating is available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. through the Thanksgiving weekend and from Dec. 17 through closing day.
The rink — the only one on the North Olympic Peninsula — closes for 30 minutes at noon, 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. for ice resurfacing.
Unlimited daily skating costs $15 per day for people ages 13 and older, and $10 per day for ages 3-12. Children younger than 3 are not allowed on the ice.
Family and military discounts are available, as well as a season pass for $150.
Skate rentals are included in the price.
• Queens & Aces will perform at the Port Angeles Eagles, 2843 E. Myrtle St., from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
The cover charge is $10 per person, $8 for members.
• Joy In Mudville will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday at the New Moon Craft Tavern, 130 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles.
There is no cover charge.
• Abby Mae and the Homeschool Boys will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday at Roosevelt at the Wharf, 115 E. Railroad Ave, Port Angeles.
There will be no cover charge, although donations will be accepted.
• Port Townsend Urban sketchers will sketch in Point Hudson Marina at 10 a.m. Saturday.
The group will meet inside at the Hudson Point Cafe, 130 Hudson St.
The marina is mostly empty, due to the jetty construction but there are water views, iconic buildings, the beach, the bay and Sea Marine’s boat yard.
The group will reconvene at the cafe at noon to share their work and take a photo.
The event is free and open to sketchers of all skill levels.
For more information, visit urbansketchersport townsend.wordpress.com.
• Family movie night hosted by the North Olympic Library System will screen the 2017 animated film “The LEGO Batman Movie” at 3 p.m. Saturday.
The free film screening will be in the Forks branch library, 171 Forks Ave. S., Forks.
The Forks and Clallam Bay branch libraries will screen the 2021 Disney film “Encanto” in December.
For more information, call the library at 360-417-8500, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nols.org.