Mother’s Day will be remembered in events across the North Olympic Peninsula this weekend.
• Art In Bloom will be on display in the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center’s Esther Webster Gallery from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free.
Admission also is free for the Plant-a-Pansy station for children which will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A flower bar for those who want to try their hands at making their own floral arrangements will be in the center’s courtyard from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tickets for this event are $30 for fine arts center members and $35 for the general public, with proceeds supporting local flower farmers and arts center programming.
To purchase tickets, go to https://pafac.kindful.com/e/flowerbar.
• First Friday Art Walk in Sequimwill be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight at the beginning of the first weekend of the Sequim Irrigation Festival.
• One of a Kind Art Gallery, at 115 E. Railroad Ave., will host Mom’s Night Out: Champagne Paint & Sip from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight.
Local painter Monica Gutierrez-Quarto will lead the painting of a sunflower-filled pastoral scene.
Admission is $35 and includes all materials, refreshments and a ticket to a raffle for a self-care gift package sponsored by local company Colibri. Space is limited.
Tickets are at www.ooakgallery.com/tickets/p/sipandpaint.
On Saturday, the gallery will host a Mother’s Day Pop-Up Market from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The market will feature a curated group of painters, potters and jewelry artists. Joining the market will be painters Jan Adams, Ines Epperson, Julie Senf and Sherry Scharschmidt; ceramic artists Janet Piccola and Zach Wheeler; jewelry artists Paulette Hill, Martha Hutchinson and Vicky LeClair; and woodworker Jack Just.
The gallery also will host a free Mom & Me Studio Day.
• Bedazzled Chinacum will be Finnriver Farm & Cidery’s celebration of Mother’s Day weekend. The Bedazzled Jewelry Craft Fair from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday will feature 10 regional artists with jewelry for sale in the farm’s historic Haybarn. Artists include Naiome Krienke with beaded jewelry, Sara Johani with custom textiled beadwork, Alina Lahiti with recycled bicycle tire jewelry and Maggie and Shelby Smith with glass bead work, as well as artists Beverly Sato, Raven Slater, Nancy McDaniel and Laurie Dent.
A guest artist is Azurite, who has lived in Port Townsend for nearly two decades and who has made jewelry for over a decade.
From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday will be live music with Malo Castro Combo; a $5 music cover supports the band.
On Sunday, the Chimacum Harmony Singers will perform from 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. and Bred & Gravy will perform from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., with a $5 cover charge.
All weekend, seated guided tastings and cider barn tours are planned along with food by Finnriver kitchen and woodfired pizza by Dented Buoy.
• Faith Pray, Port Townsend author-illustrator, will sign copies of “Perfectly Imperfect Mira,” at Abracadabra, 936 Water St., from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. today.
• Emma: Pop Musical opens tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Sequim High School auditorium at 533 N. Sequim Ave. This weekend’s shows also are at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students at the door. Seating is limited to about 200 per showing.
• Tall Poppy String Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Palindrome at Eaglemount Cidery, 1893 Jacob Miller Road, Port Townsend.
Tickets are $20 at https://tallpoppy.brownpapertickets.com or the door.
Proof of vaccination is required for entry.
• Backwoods Hucksters will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday in the New Moon Craft Tavern, 130 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles.
The group, which calls its style mountain blues, features Cort Armstrong on resonator guitar, Paul Stehr-Green on bass, Adam Amr on drums, Sean Divine on harmonica and Joey Gish on fiddle.
• Stardust Big Band Mother’s Day Concert begins at 2 p.m. Sunday in Olympic Theater Arts, 414 N. Sequim Ave. Sequim.
Admission is $20.
• The Salish Sea Early Music Festival continues with a Baroque Quartet at 2 p.m. Sunday in St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 1020 Jefferson St., Port Townsend.
A free will offering of $15, $20 or $25 is requested. Youths 18 and younger get in free.
Masks and proof of vaccination are required.
The quartet includes viola da gambist Susie Napper, baroque violinist David Greenberg, baroque flutist Jeffrey Cohan and harpsichordist Elisabeth Wright.
The program features François Couperin’s “L’Apothéose de Lully” in its entirety and other works for violin, flute, viola d gamba and harpsichord.
• Comedian, Actor K-Von will return to the Peninsula College’s Little Theater for a comedy show from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. tonight.
K-Von plays Luke Hudson in the recently released movie “Funny Thing About Love.”
Admission is free for Peninsula College students and is by donation for staff and the general public. The show will feature adult content.
The show is sponsored by the Associated Student Body.
• Olympic Theater Arts will host the Stardust Big Band for a Mother’s Day Concert at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Admission to the concert at OTA, 414 N. Sequim Ave., will be $20.
For more information, go to olympictheaterarts.org or call 360-683-7326.