Free outdoor concerts are planned this week in Port Angeles and Sequim.
Port Townsend’s free weekly Concerts on the Dock will begin Aug. 5.
Kalen Wolfe & The Shift will perform at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Sequim Valley Airport, 468 Dorothy Hunt Lane, during the Sequim Music Where You Park series.
On Wednesday at 6 p.m., Crushwater will perform alternate folk and rock at the Port Angeles Concerts on the Pier. The concerts are sponsored by Juan de Fuca Festival of the Arts.
On Aug. 3, Sequim will begin the Music in the Park series each Tuesday at 6 p.m. at the James Center for the Performing Arts in Carrie Blake Park at 500 N. Blake Ave. The City of Sequim and the City Arts Advisory Commission are co-sponsoring the series with Sequim Community Broadcasting/KSQM Radio.
Here’s the lineup for the rest of the summer:
Music Where You Park
• July 27 — John Hoover & The Mighty Quinns at Purple Haze Organic Lavender Farm, 180 Bell Bottom Road.
Music in the Park (All at Carrie Blake Park)
• Aug. 3 — Stardust Big Band: big band jazz.
• Aug. 10 — Navy Band Northwest: classical, dixieland, jazz and contemporary.
• Aug. 17 — Bread & Gravy: Americana, blues, classic rock and soul.
• Aug. 24 — Buck Ellard Band: mix of traditional country mixed with classic rock, blues and originals.
• Aug. 31 — Black Diamond Junction: classic hits.
The grand finale of the Sequim summer series will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11, at the James Center for the Performing Arts in Carrie Blake Park, 500 N. Blake Ave.
Tess Teel Trio will perform from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and Sound Advise with Dawn Martin will be on stage from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the free concert series in Sequim, see sequimwa.gov/512/Summer-Music -Events.
• July 28 — Pato Banton & the New Generation: reggae.
• Aug. 4 — Ranger & the Re-Arrangers: gypsy jazz.
• Aug. 11 — Backwoods Hucksters: Americana and blues.
• Aug. 18 — Three Too Many: rock covers.
• Aug. 25 — Black Diamond Junction: classic hits.
For more information about Port Angeles concerts, see jffa.org/concerts-on-the-pier or call 360-457-5411.
The concerts put on by Port Townsend Main Street also will offer beer, wine and cider at Pope Marine Park Plaza on Water Street at Madison Street.
The plaza will open for people to set up lawn chairs and picnic blankets at 4:30 p.m. each Thursday. Two hours of live music will begin at 5 p.m.
Aug. 5 — Uncle Funk & the Dope 6: a free-ranging set list of rock, funk and R&B.
Aug. 12 — Abakis: aka Aba Kiser, blends classic soul, powerhouse vocals and Kottke-style fingerpicking guitar.
Aug. 19 — Sound Advice: featuring vocalist Dawn Martin, dishes out Motown, soul and rock ’n’ roll.
Aug. 26 — The Merry Makers: mix of psychedelia and roots rock.
Sept. 2 — Kevin Mason and the PT All Stars: with singer Christa Holbrook, travel from soul to rock to rhythm and blues.
Sponsors and volunteers help make this series happen, Mari Mullen said, and the Main Street Program can use more.
For information about Concerts on the Dock and other fall and winter events in the works, see PTmain street.org, phone 360-385-7911 or email [email protected]