Free outdoor summer concerts will be presented on the North Olympic Peninsula this week.
Stardust Big Band will perform big band to modern era music at Sequim’s Music in the Park at the James Center for the Performing Arts at Carrie Blake Community Park, 500 N. Blake Ave.
The concerts are from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through late August at the center.
Alma y Azucar will play Latin jazz at Port Angeles’ Concerts on the Pier. The concert will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday on City Pier.
Port Townsend’s Concerts on the Dock will feature Toolshed Trio Grande’s roots, rock and soul music Thursday.
The concerts will continue through Aug. 30 at Pope Marine Park Plaza. Seating will open at 4:30 p.m. Music is set from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Reusable pottery wine/cider cups created by LaughinGnome Pottery and stainless steel pint cups will be available for rent for $5 at the Port Townsend shows. When a guest returns a cup, the $5 is returned.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a chair or blanket and a picnic to the outdoor venues.
The schedule for upcoming free outdoor summer concerts is:
• Aug. 14 — Sequim City Band, concert band.
• Aug. 21 — Ranger and the Re-Arrangers, gypsy jazz.
• Aug. 28 — FarmStrong, country and bluegrass.
See schedule at www.sequimwa.gov/index.aspx?NID=512.
• Aug. 15 — The Olson Bros Band, modern country.
• Aug. 22 — Daring Greatly, rock, harmony.
• Aug. 29 — Joy in Mudville, roots, rock.
• Sept. 5 — The Blue Rhinos, electric blues.
• Sept. 12 — Stardust Big Band.
• Sept. 19 — The Weavils, bluegrass.
See schedule at www.portangeles.org/pages/ ConcertsonthePier.
• Aug. 16 — 432 Retro, progressive rock.
• Aug. 23 — Daring Greatly, rock, harmony.
• Aug. 30 — Kevin Mason and the PT All Stars, rock, soul, Motown, R&B.
See schedule at ptmain street.org/concerts-on-the-dock/.