FORKS — A Tuesday afternoon fire that destroyed a family’s single-wide mobile home at 290 Bogachiel Way is under investigation, Clallam County Fire District No. 1 Chief Bill Paul said Wednesday morning.
No one was injured in the blaze, which began in the kitchen area near the electric stove, said Paul, who said he did not have the identity of the residents Wednesday morning.
A woman called in the blaze at 2:07 p.m. Tuesday while her children were at school, Paul said.
“The origin was around or behind the stove,” he said, adding that the stove was not on.
“There were still items of sentimental value that were retrieved out of the residence.
“It didn’t burn to the ground.
“It was a total loss due to smoke and heat damage.”
The American Red Cross supplied the family with temporary housing and a financial-assistance voucher.
Two fire department pumpers, a utility vehicle, Paul and eight volunteer firefighters responded to the blaze.
Senior Staff Writer Paul Gottlieb can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 55650, or at email@example.com.