Clallam County commissioners will discuss a proposal to regulate recreational vehicles at a meeting that will begin at 9 a.m. Monday.
The work session will be in the commissioners’ board room (160) at the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
It also can be viewed at www.clallam.net/features/meetings.html.
The proposed ordinance, which was forwarded by the county Planning Commission, is intended to consolidate existing requirements for RVs and address deficiencies in county code, Community Development Director Mary Ellen Winborn said in an executive summary.
“The ordinance will allow the placement of one RV or park model on a legal lot with proper screening and ensure park models meet installation instruction or be engineered, and requires proof of legal black and gray water disposal, disposal of solid waste and ensure compliance with zoning, shoreline, and critical areas,” Winborn said.
The three commissioners will review the ordinance and consider adopting it after a Sept. 28 public hearing scheduling.
Other discussion items for the Monday work session include:
• Notice of a Sept. 21 public hearing for an ordinance adding a new code section for stormwater management.
Commissioners will conduct their weekly business meeting at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Action items include:
• An agreement with Scarsella Brothers for the earthwork phase of the Lower Dungeness River floodplain restoration and levee/road realignment project.
• A call for bids for the Sequim-Dungeness Way/Woodcock Road roundabout project. Bids will be opened Sept. 28.
• A vote on Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Mallinckrodt PLC, et al. Clallam County is a creditor in the bankruptcy as a result of the county’s claims against Mallinckrodt relating to its role in the opioid crisis.
• A 10:30 a.m. public hearing proposed debatable budget emergencies.
Association of counties
The Washington State Association of Counties will hear a weekly update on COVID-19 when they meet at noon Monday.
Both Clallam and Jefferson counties will participate.
To attend the meeting, register with the association at https://wsac-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJItfuirrDsiHtHqvwmPW ZmbRmA0Vt4DDKso.
To listen only, dial 1-253-215-8782 and enter meeting ID 960 9132 0845#.
The association will also discuss current and emerging issues facing counties across the state.
Olympic Medical Center
Olympic Medical Center commissioners will be given a Washington State Hospital Association update when they meet at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The OMC website says that for access, people can log onto www.olympic medical.org/virtual-board- meeting on Wednesday for Webex meeting information.
Employee recognition and a patient story also are planned.