Clallam County commissioners will discuss the second phase of establishing a Finance Department in a meeting that begins at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The work session will be in the commissioners’ board room (160) at the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
The courthouse will be closed Monday for Memorial Day.
Other agenda items for the work session include grant applications to the state Department of Ecology for solid waste and hazardous waste management and a right-of-way purchase for Dry Creek Road reconstruction.
Commissioners will conduct their regular business meeting at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Action items include:
• An agreement with the Peninsula Regional Transportation Planning Organization for coordinating transportation planning.
• Right-of-way agreements for the Dry Creek Road project.
• Agreements with the County Road Administration Board for funding paving and other improvements to sections of Laird and Carlsborg roads.
• A bid opening for a section of the Olympic Discovery Trail from Freshwater Bay Road to Thompson Road.
• A bid award to Lakeside Industries for an annual supply of hot mix and liquid asphalt.
• A resolution adopting supplemental appropriations.
• A call for July 16 hearing on a draft ordinance amending policies for wireless communications facilities.
• A public hearing for the consideration of debatable budget emergencies.
Port of Port Angeles
Port of Port Angeles commissioners will consider a five-year lease with Peninsula College for a composites technology program when they meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The meeting will be at 338 W. First St.
The lease will be for 5,100 square feet of office and lab/industrial space plus 1,400 square feet of space shared with the Composite Recycling Technology Center. Monthly rent would be $2,925 with 100 percent discounted the first two years, 80 percent the third year, 70 percent the fourth year, 60 percent the fifth year, and 50 percent for any years after that.
Also on the agenda is a work session on marine terminal chip operations, the Sequim Bay Yacht Club and community partner presentations.
Port Angeles city
The Port Angeles City Council will conduct a work session on proposed Capital Facilities and Transportation Improvement plans at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The special meeting will be in the City Council chambers at City Hall, 321 E. Fifth. St.
The Sequim City Council will conduct a public hearing on a subdivision when it meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The council will meet in the Sequim Civic Center, 152 W. Cedar St. An executive session is planned on potential litigation.
The hearing will deal with Jennie’s Meadow Phase B and C Preliminary Major Subdivision and Variance.
The council also will consider the People’s Project.
The Forks City Council will conduct a public hearing on the proposed annexation of a 5-acre parcel at 7:30 p.m. Monday.
The meeting will be at Forks City Hall, 500 E. Division St.
The parcel is along Big Pine Way on the north side of the city.
Other agenda items include a first-quarter financial report.
Public Utility District
Clallam County Public Utility District commissioners’ meeting for Monday has been canceled for Memorial Day.
The next business meeting is scheduled for June 10.