Clallam County is seeking volunteers to fill 104 vacancies on 18 advisory boards and committees.
The deadline to apply is the close of business Tuesday.
To apply, call the commissioners’ office at 360-417-2233; visit their office at the Clallam County Courthouse, Suite 4, 223 E. Fourth St.; or download an application from the county website, clallam.net.
Descriptions of the advisory panels — and the application form itself — are available under the “Boards, Committees and Groups” link on the county website.
Current members with expiring terms who wish to retain their position are asked to provide a written statement to the commissioner’s office: fax at 360-417-2493; mail at 223 E. Fourth St., Suite 4, Port Angeles 98362; or email to [email protected].
Vacancies exist on the following advisory panels, with specific categories listed where applicable:
• Agricultural Commission (7 vacancies) — Openings for representatives of Farmer in Commissioner Districts 1, 2 and 3; an at-large farmer, and three non-farmers at-large.
• Board of Equalization (1) — Opening for an alternate member representative.
• Boundary Review Board (2) — Openings for a governor appointee and special district appointee.
• Building Code Board of Appeals (4) — Openings for representatives for two alternates; an an ICC-certified fire marshal, fire inspector, or fire plan examiner, and an ICC-certified building official, building inspector or plans examiner.
• Carlsborg Community Advisory Council (6) — Openings for representatives of resident within UGA exclusive of any manufactured/mobile home community; resident of a manufactured/mobile home park community with in Carlsborg UGA; business or real property owner within the U.S. Highway 101 commercial zone; business or real property owner within the Carlsborg Industrial Zone, and two at-large member who are real property owners within the UGA boundary.
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Community Action Team (3) — Openings for two at-large members and a business owner (Clallam Bay/Sekiu Chamber of Commerce).
• Crescent Community Advisory Council (3) — Openings for representatives of Crescent School District alternate; grange, and area business owner or individual who owns commercially zoned property.
• Homelessness Task Force (30) — Openings for representatives of Health and Human Services Department alternate; city government of Forks; city government of Forks alternate; city government of Sequim alternate; tribal government of Jamestown S’Klallam; tribal government of Jamestown S’Klallam Alternate; tribal government of Lower Elwha Klallam; tribal government of Lower Elwha Klallam alternate; tribal government of Makah; tribal government of Makah alternate; tribal government of Quileute; tribal government of Quileute alternate; healthcare providers alternate; Peninsula Housing Authority alternate; mental health/substance use providers alternate; Department of Social and Health Services alternate; West End service providers alternate; Olympic Community Action Programs alternate; United Way alternate; WorkSource; WorkSource alternate; law and justice system alternate; faith community alternate; business community alternate; three homeless or formerly homeless alternate; at-large alternate; advocate for youth issues, and advocate for youth issues alternate.
• Marine Resources Committee (10) — Openings for representatives of Sequim City Council alternate; Port of Port Angeles Commission alternate; Makah tribe; Makah tribe alternate; Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe; Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe alternate; at large alternate; marine related recreation and tourism alternate; conservation/environmental alternate, and District I alternate.
• North Pacific Coast Marine Resources (1) — Opening for representative of Clallam County.
• Noxious Weed Control Board (2) — Openings for representatives of Geographic Area 3 and Geographic Area 4.
• Park and Recreation Advisory Board (2) — Openings for two committee member positions.
• Permit Advisory Board (11) — Openings for representatives of architect; building designer; building trades; certified septic designer/installer; Economic Development Council; environmental consultant; homebuilders association; propane/wood stove contractor; Manufactured Homes/Mobile Home Association; ex officio-Environmental Health Division manager, and ex officio-planning manager.
• Planning Commission (1) — Opening for a representative of District IIa.
• Port Crescent Pioneer Cemetery (2) — Opening for two committee member positions.
• Sheriff’s Citizens Advisory Committee (6) — Openings for representatives of Clallam Bay/Sekiu; Forks and unincorporated area; Quileute Tribe; Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe; Joyce, and law and justice.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee (8) — Openings for representatives solid waste industry (West Waste Recycling); solid waste industry (West Waste Recycling) alternate; tribal governments; tribal governments alternate; City of Forks alternate; business community; business community alternate, and agriculture community category alternate.
• Trails Advisory Committee (5) — Openings for representatives of Olympic National Park; large private forest company; off-road motorized user groups; U.S. Forest Service (ex-officio member), and Peninsula Trails Coalition.