Libraries across the North Olympic Peninsula will continue to host Storytime this fall.
Storytime is an early development program that features stories, music, rhymes and movement.
The libraries are sponsoring a variety of programs geared toward babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers and families. Baby Storytime is oriented toward children 18-months and younger, while toddler Storytime is oriented toward children from 18 months to 3 years.
Storytime sessions are typically 30 minutes or shorter.
Participants should be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
• Port Angeles Main Library, 2210 S. Peabody St., Port Angeles, will host Storytimes in the Raymond Carver Room.
Preschool Storytime is at 10:30 am. Tuesdays.
Baby Storytime is at 10:30 a.m. Thursdays; Baby Storytime will not meet on Oct. 5 and Nov. 23 due to library closures.
Toddler Storytime is at 9:30 a.m and at 10:30 a.m. Fridays.
• Sequim Branch Library, 630 N. Sequim Ave., Sequim, will host Rain or Shine! Outdoor Storytime at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays through Oct. 31 on its outdoor stage.
Bring something to sit on and an umbrella or raincoat if it’s rainy.
• Forks Branch Library, 171 S. Forks Ave., Forks, hosts Family Storytime for all ages at 10:30 a.m. Fridays through Dec. 5 in the children’s area.
• Clallam Bay Branch Library, 16990 state Highway 112, Clallam Bay, will host Family Storytime at 10:30 a.m. Thursday Sept. 28, Oct. 26 and Nov. 30.
• Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Ave., Port Hadlock, will host Storytimes in The Humphrey Room
Babytime at the Library with Rosaletta is at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
The library also conducts Outdoor Storytime at H.J. Carroll Park, 9884 state Highway 19, Chimacum, at 10:30 a.m. Mondays and Outdoor Storytime at Worthington Park, 151 E. Columbia St., Quilcene, at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
In October, Outdoor Storytimes will move indoors; the Monday sessions will be in the library’s Humphrey Room and the Tuesday sessions will be in the Quilcene Community Center, 294952 U.S. Highway 101, Quilcene.
The library also hosts Kaleidoscope Play and Learn in partnership with First Step Family Support Center and the YMCA in the Humphrey Room from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Fridays.
For more information on programs at the Jefferson County Library, call 360-385-6544 or visit www.jclibrary.info.
• Port Townsend Public Library, 1220 Lawrence St., Port Townsend.
Baby Storytime is at 10:30 a.m. Mondays.
Toddler Storytime is at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
Preschool Storytime is at 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
The library also hosts Sing-a-Ling at 10:30 a.m. on the third Thursday of each month.
For more information on programs at the Port Townsend Public Library, call 360-385-3181 or visit www.ptpubliclibrary.org.