SEQUIM — Olympic Peninsula Birdfest 2023 had a few openings left as of Friday for lectures and events during the four-day festival starting April 13.
Many events at the Dungeness River Nature Center, 1943 W. Hendrickson were sold out as of Tuesday. Spaces were still available for:
• Owls of the Olympic Peninsula — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. April 13 (seven remaining). Admission $20.
• Drawing Bird Feathers with Robert Amaral — 9 a.m. to noon April 14 (four remaining).
• Hummingbirds Talk — 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. April 14 (47 remaining). Admission $20.
• Beginning Birding Basics — 10 a.m. to noon April 15 (70 remaining). Admission $20.
• Birding Sequim Bay & John Wayne Marina — 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. April 15 (one remaining). Admission $30; meet at the north boat ramp at John Wayne Marina.
• Corvids of the Olympic Peninsula — 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. April 15 (69 remaining). Admission $20.
• BirdFest Banquet with Guest Speaker Research scientist Scott Pearson — 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. April 15 (two remaining). Casual dress, Admission $75.
• Gardiner Beach & Diamond Point — 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. April 16 (one remaining). Admission $30; meet at Gardiner Boat Ramp.
• Discovery Bay Wild Bird Rescue Meet and Greet — 10 a.m. to noon April 16 (60 remaining). Admission $25.
Participants in all events for BirdFest must register online at OlympicBirdFest.org.
For more information, call 360-681-4076, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2023 BirdFest-BirdQuest Game sponsored by Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce, is set to run through April 30.
Participants are challenged to find and match 15 or more of the 20 bird sculptures from Carmen Maxwell’s Sequim High School’s ceramic class, to the business where they are hidden, and then vote for their favorite student art piece.
Completed game cards are due by noon Sunday in boxes located at each participating business, or at the Sequim-Dungeness Valley Chamber of Commerce, 1192 E. Washington St. Winners need not be present for the Grand Prize Drawing, nor the three People’s Choice Awards.
For more information, call 360-683-6197 or email to email@example.com.