SEQUIM — Sequim’s lavender farms, many of which provide the wares found at the Sequim Lavender Festival Street Fair, offer a plethora of events for all ages during the three days of Sequim Lavender Weekend today through Sunday.
The 21st Sequim Lavender Festival Farm Tour this weekend will offer free entry to six farms and one commercial nursery from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily.
• Blackberry Forest, 136 Forest Road.
• Earth Muffin Lavender, 2333 Woodcock Road.
• Fat Cat Garden & Gifts, 21 Fat Cat Lane.
• Graysmarsh Farm, 6187 Woodcock Road.
• Kitty B’s Lavender Farm, 82 Cameron Acres Lane.
• Nelson Duckpond & Lavender Farm, 73 Humble Hill Road.
• Peninsula Nurseries, 1060 Sequim-Dungeness Way.
Other farms also offer free entry, with some offering music and demonstrations. These include:
• B&B Family Farm, 5883 Old Olympic Highway; open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; www.bbfamilyfarm.com.
• Lost Mountain Lavender, 1541 Taylor Cutoff Road; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; www.lostmountain lavender.com.
• Martha Lane Lavender, 371 Martha Lane; open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; www.marthalane lavender.org.
• Meli’s Lavender Farm, 62 W. Diane Drive; open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Sunshine Herb & Lavender Farm, 274154 U.S. Highway 101; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; www.sunshinelavender.com.
• The Lavender Connection, 1141 Cays Road; open 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; www.lavender connection.com.
• Victor’s Lavender, 3743 Old Olympic Highway; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; victorslavender.com.
Four farms are offering activities for paid admission.
• Purple Haze Lavender (purplehaze lavender.com) continues its Purple Haze Daze at 180 Bell Bottom Lane from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for $10 presale and $12 at the gate. Children 12 and younger will be admitted free, and a shuttle runs from QFC at 990 E. Washington St. to the farm.
Live music will be performed all day at the farm. Creme Tangerine, a Beatles tribute band, will play at 5:30 p.m. today, while Geoffrey Castle will perform at 5 p.m. Saturday and 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
Shuttle bus will be provided from the QFC parking lot at 990 E. Washington St. to Purple Haze Lavender.
• Washington Lavender Farm (www.wa lavender.com), 939 Finn Hall Road, will offer its Washington Lavender Festival from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. all weekend for $8 per person presale or $10 per person at the gate. Children 12 and younger will be admitted free.
A variety of music including the Sequim City Band Clarinet Choir is planned from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. today and the band’s Saxophone Quintet from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
• Jardin du Soleil, 3832 Sequim-Dungeness Way, and Olympic Lavender Festival, 1526 Marine Drive, will continue its two-for-one $10 admission per person to both farms all weekend.
Children 12 and younger will be admitted free. The free shuttle continues from the Museum & Arts Center on Sequim Avenue and Fir Street.
Both farms will offer music all day all weekend, with some of the highlights including Jardin’s Jungible Music Series with the Olympic Express Big Band at 7 tonight, and Joy in Mudville playing Olympic’s Rock the Land Trust at 6 p.m. Saturday. For more information, visit www.jardindusoleil.com or facebook.com/olympiclavender.
Free shuttles will be provided from the Museum & Arts Center at 544 N. Sequim Ave. to the Jardin du Soleil and Olympic Lavender Festival.
Other Sequim area events
• Art Jam 2017: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today through Sunday, Rock Hollow Farm, 505 E. Silberhorn Road, rockhollowarts.com.
• Jazz in the Alley with Blue Skyz: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, 219 W. Washington St., www.face book.com/events/442439036118258.
Hosted by BrokersGroup Real Estate, the free public event will feature the jazz group Blue Skyz. Edibles and drinks will be available from Oasis Bar and Grill including a wine and beer garden for those 21 and older. For information, call 360-681-8778.
• Olympic Driftwood Sculptors: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today through Sunday, Sequim Middle School cafeteria, 301 W. Hendrickson Road, www.olympicdriftwoodsculptors.org.
• Puffin Marine Cruise: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. today and Saturday, John Wayne Marina, 2577 W. Sequim Bay Road, dungenessrivercenter.org.
• Sequim Farmers Market: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and Saturday, Sequim Civic Center Plaza, 152 W. Cedar St., www.sequimmarket.com.
• Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Show: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Sequim Middle School, www.sunbonnetsuequiltclub.org.
• Victor’s Barn Dance with Joy in Mudville: 7 to 10 tonight, Victor’s Lavender Farm, 3743 Old Olympic Highway, www.victorslavender.com.
For more about lavender farms, see www.sequim lavender.org.
The Peninsula Daily News/Sequim Gazette’s “Sequim Lavender Weekend” special section is available at all the farms, local businesses, the Visitor’s Information Center, Street Fair Information Booth and online at www.peninsuladailynews.com.