FORKS — A low-key weekend for Twilight fans is offered in Forks during a new gathering set just before the spring solstice.
Forever Twilight in Forks Equinox will run from Friday evening through Sunday in Forks. The spring equinox is on Monday, the first day of spring.
Most of the Forever Twilight in Forks Equinox events are free, said Lissy Andros, Forks Chamber of Commerce executive director. Those that are ticketed may still have tickets available at the door, according to https://forkswa.com/twilight/online-shop.
The weekend was created as a “halfway point” for Twilight Saga fans, said Andros, who organizes the Forever Twilight in Forks Festival each September. This year’s festival is Sept. 14-17. For tickets to the festival, see https://forkswa.com/twilight/festival.
The spring equinox is mentioned in the second Twilight Saga movie, New Moon,” Andros said. Also, the weekend is timed to coincide with the Quillayute Valley Scholarship Auction, which is also this weekend.
“We want to let Twilight fans be part of that weekend as well,” she said. “It’s just a great way to share the best that we are with Twilight fans.”
Calling it a “low-key weekend, Andros said organizers “wanted something for a fun, chill time to hang out with friends.”
The cast of Dreaming in Twilight will be on hand, portraying various characters from the novels by Stephenie Meyer and the movies they spawned.
The cast will participate in an interactive version of the first Twilight film, planned at 8 p.m. Saturday.
The event, a dinner and a movie, will offer Twilight-themed food such as burgers and fries and Red Vines, and the audience will shout phrases at the screen, Andros said.
The whole weekend “will be a very immersive experience,” Andros said.
“We’re inviting people to spend the weekend with the Cullens and Blacks and Swans,” she said, referring to families featured in the Twilight Saga.
Andros doesn’t expect a large crowd.
“We’ve done minimal advertising on it,” she said.
“We want an intimate crowd.”
All of the events are open to all ages. Those younger than 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. No pets are allowed at events except for hikes where permitted.
Here is the schedule:
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Forks Public Library, 171 S. Forks Ave., where visitors can find special photo ops and Twilight books.
• Noon to 4 p.m. — Forever Twilight in Forks Collection in the Rainforest Arts Center (RAC) alcove at 35 N. Forks Ave. People must be in line by 3:30 p.m. to be guaranteed entry.
• 3:20 p.m. to 5:20 p.m. — Low tide window of 0.00 at beaches. Visitors can visit First, Second or Rialto beaches or travel south to see the Tree of Life at Kalaloch or to Ruby Beach.
• 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. — Forever Twilight Forks Equinox kickoff. Visitors can learn more about the weekend’s events at the RAC. They can pick up entry bracelets for Saturday’s Twilight Lounge, which is free, and maps for the scholarship auction parking and Low Tide Walk at First Beach, which will have a meetup spot at the Quileute Oceanside Resort in La Push.
• 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. — Tickets for the concert featuring Cherish Danae will include one glass of wine; they will be sold for $15 at the door at the RAC. Doors open at 7:45 p.m.
• 9 p.m. — St. Paddy’s Day Live Music with Mark & Magen Lusk at Blakeslee’s Bar & Grill featuring cider and wine at 1222 S. Forks Ave.
• 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. — Quillayute Valley Scholarship Auction and senior parents concessions at Forks High School. Enter the high school at the end of Camas Street. At 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., Twilight visitors can meet friends for bidding and breakfast at the outside entrance on Camas Street.
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. — Twilight Lounge at the RAC will feature games, puzzles, tea and hot chocolate, as well as a Pin Collector Meet, Swap and Sell from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and facials by Vitality by Virginia from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (call Virginia at 360-809-8165 to reserve a spot. Nails services are offered to Twilight fans by Jalisa’s Nail Studio, located at Miller Tree Inn, 654 E. Division St. (call Jalisa at 360-300-7771 to reserve a spot.) Tamara from Healing Arts Sanctuary will offer chair massages at the Twilight Lounge (call 360-919-2522).
• 10:30 a.m. — Guided Twilight tours on chamber bus with Dreaming in Twilight cast. Suggested donation $10. First 40 people will go on tour. Meet in front of the RAC.
• 11 a.m. — Fireside Reading with Rosalie at the Cullen House aka Miller Tree Inn. A ticketed event that is sold out.
• Noon to 4 p.m. — Forever Twilight in Forks Collection.
• Noon — Local storytellers Gary Peterson, Glynda Schaad-Peterson and Pat Neal at Jacob’s Garage & Creative Workshop at Native to Twilight at 10 N. Forks Ave. The mic will be open for three wildcard storytellers too.
• 2 p.m. — Chores with Charlie at the Cullen House aka Miller Tree Inn, a ticketed event, is sold out.
• 3 p.m. — Mini Rainforest Trail Group Hike will meet at the southern end of the Forks Visitor Information Center parking lot a 1411 S. Forks Ave.
• 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. — Twilight Hour at the scholarship auction will feature Twilight-themed items.
• 4:16 p.m. to 6:16 p.m. — Low tide window of 0.5 at beaches.
• 5:30 p.m. — Grand opening, blessing and ribbon cutting ceremony at Fog + Fern Clothing Co., 71 N. Forks Ave.
• 8 p.m. — Dinner and Movie with Dreaming in Twilight cast in Twilight Lounge; $75.
• 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. — Quillayute Valley Scholarship Auction and senior parents concessions. At 10 a.m., Twilight visitors can meet friends for bidding and breakfast at the outside entrance on Camas Street.
• 11:30 a.m. — Paint and Sip Champagne with the Cullens at the Cullen House aka Miller Tree Inn. Ticketed event sold out.
• Noon to 2 p.m. — Forever Twilight in Forks Collection.
• 3 p.m. — Scavenger hunt. Teams can have up to four members; participants can come with a team or without. All will meet at the RAC, with no prior registration needed.
• 5 p.m. — Low Tide Walk at First Beach; tide will be at 0.8 feet. Get parking pass at the Quileute Oceanside Resort and then meet in the parking lot. Maps for meetup spot will be available at the Twilight Lounge. After First Beach, Westend Taproom Tip & Sip at 70 A St. SW.