Port Hadlock man arrested after alleged assault, standoff

PORT HADLOCK — A 49-year-old Port Hadlock man is scheduled for a Dec. 1 arraignment on charges stemming from allegations that he assaulted a man with a club and had a three-hour standoff with police.

Jesse T. Taylor, who was arrested on Nov. 17, remained in the Jefferson County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail on Thursday.

The sheriff’s office was dispatched to a reported assault in Port Hadlock on Nov. 17, according to a post by the sheriff’s office, which did not identify the accused man as Taylor. His identity was confirmed later.

A man said he had been approached by a person later determined to be Taylor, who was irate, cursing and screaming, and carried a club that was 3 feet to 4 feet long with obsidian stones on the edges.

The man expressed confusion as the two never had disagreements before, according to the post.

“Deputies determined that the man had bleeding injuries on his face, and obtained probable cause for the arrest of the suspect for (second-degree assault),” the post said.

After an almost three-hour standoff with police that included a crisis negotiator, Taylor was arrested.

More in Crime

Makah man indicted in fatal December crash

Arraignment set for March 4

Woman charged with stealing transit bus pleads not guilty

Status hearing in April, three-day trial May 13

Man jailed after newborn’s death released

Charges dismissed without prejudice

Evaluations scheduled for juvenile

Boy charged in playground fire due in court Feb. 22

April trial set for accused murderer

A Sequim woman accused of killing the daughter of… Continue reading

Fugitive from Texas arrested in downtown Port Angeles

A 46-year-old man was arrested in downtown Port Angeles… Continue reading

Port Angeles man to be arraigned on child sex charges

A Port Angeles man will be arraigned Feb. 2… Continue reading

Jordan T. Sorensen.
Man held in jail after death of newborn

Arraignment hearing scheduled for Feb. 2

Jordan T. Sorensen.
Child dead, father arrested

Manhunt leads to deceased newborn