PORT TOWNSEND — Candidates have filed for four of 10 positions during a special candidate filing period.
The three-day filing period, instituted to allow filing for seats that drew no candidates during the primary election, ended Wednesday with six positions still lacking candidates.
These are the positions that now have candidates who will appear on the Nov. 5 general election ballot:
• Port Townsend School District, Position 2, a four-year term: Jeffery Taylor.
• Paradise Bay Water District, Position 1, a two-year unexpired term: Cal White.
• Paradise Bay Water District, Position 3, a six-year term: Raelene Marie Rossart.
• Brinnon Parks and Recreation District, Position 3, a four-year short and full term: Brenda B. Williamson.
The positions that are left unfilled will have their offices lapsed and will not appear on the Nov. 5 ballot.
The positions will be on the next scheduled election for that office and will be listed as an unexpired or short term. The positions will be filled by appointments until then.
Those positions are:
• Forks Community Hospital, Position 2, a six-year term.
• Queets/Clearwater School District, Position 1, a two-year unexpired term.
• Clearwater Fire District, Position 1, a six-year short and full term; Position 2, a four-year unexpired term; and Position 3, a two-year unexpired term.
• Gardiner Cemetery District, Position 1, a six-year term.
Jefferson County reporter Zach Jablonski can be reached at 360-385-2335, ext. 5, or at [email protected].