Jefferson County maintained its lead as tops in the state for voter turnout on Thursday with 73.9 percent, while Clallam County posted a general election voter turnout of 64 percent.
In Jefferson County, the elections office reported 20,422 ballots returned out of the 27,633 provided voters.
In Clallam County, 36,793 ballots were accepted out of 57,510 provided to voters for Tuesday’s presidential election.
Drop boxes at some sites are being emptied several times a day. The U.S. Postal Service brings more in daily.
The statewide turnout as of Thursday was 60.8 percent.
In the 2016 presidential race, five days before Election Day, the voter turnout statewide was 36.8 percent.
Voter turnouts can be found on the Washington Secretary of State website.
Ballots must be placed in drop boxes by 8 p.m. Tuesday, or postmarked by that date if sent by mail.
U.S. Postal Service representatives had encouraged voters to mail their ballots at least one week before Election Day to ensure they get postmarked in time; otherwise, they advised voters to place their ballots in drop boxes.
Here are the Jefferson County drop box locations:
• Port Townsend: Jefferson County courthouse, outside the Auditor’s Office and in the back parking lot.
• Port Hadlock: Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Ave., outside front entrance.
• Port Ludlow: Olympic Peninsula Gateway Visitor Center, 93 Beaver Valley Road, in front of the visitor center building.
• Nordland: Nordland Fire Station, 6633 Flagler Road, outside front entrance.
• Quilcene: Quilcene Community Center, 294952 U.S. Highway 101, outside front entrance.
• Brinnon: Brinnon Community Center, 306144 U.S. Highway 101, outside front entrance.
Here are the Clallam County drop box locations:
• Port Angeles: Two outside the county courthouse, one a drive-through receptacle in front of the main entrance, the other a disabled-accessible drop box just east of the main entrance. One also will be in front of the auditor’s office in the courthouse.
• Sequim: Sequim Village Shopping Center parking lot at the J.C. Penney store, 651 W. Washington St., outside front entrance.
• Forks: Forks City Hall, 500 E. Division St., outside front entrance.
• Carlsborg: Sunny Farms Country Store, 261461, U.S. Highway 101 on the east side of parking lot.
• Clallam Bay: Clallam Bay Library, 16990 state Highway 112, outside front entrance.
• Sekiu: Clallam County Public Utility District, 15 Sekiu Airport Road, outside front entrance.
• Neah Bay: Washburn’s General Store, 1450 Bayview Ave., outside front entrance.