Martin Luther King Jr. Day will be observed Monday in Clallam and Jefferson counties.
The following offices and services will be affected:
* Government: All federal, state and county and city offices in Port Angeles, Forks and Port Townsend will be closed Monday.
Sequim city offices will be open,
Public utility district offices in Port Angeles, Sekiu, Forks and Port Hadlock will be closed.
Public schools will also close for the day.
The post office will be closed and there will be no mail delivery.
All driver’s licensing offices will be closed on Saturday and Monday.
* Banks: Banks will be closed Monday.
* Garbage: Pickup schedules for Port Angeles customers and services by West Waste and Recycling and Murrey’s Olympic Disposal will be normal.
* Liquor stores: State run liquor stores will be closed Monday.
* Libraries: North Olympic libraries, the Port Townsend Library and the Jefferson County Library in Port Hadlock will be closed Monday.
* Senior centers: The senior center in Port Angeles and the Sequim senior center will be closed on Monday.
The Port Townsend senior center building will be open, but there will be no senior meals served.
* Transit systems: Clallam Transit and Jefferson Transit buses will run on regular schedules Monday.
* Pools: The Sequim Aquatic Recreation Center and the Port Townsend Municipal Pool will be open Monday.
William Shore Memorial Pool in Port Angeles will be closed Saturday and Sunday for a swimming meet and Monday for Martin Luther King Day.
* Tourist Activities: The Olympic National Park Visitor Center, 3002 Mount Angeles Road, Port Angeles will be open. The visitor center at Hurricane Ridge will be open if the road is open.
The Olympic Game Farm will be open.
Visitor centers in Port Townsend, Sequim, Port Angeles and Forks will be open Monday.
The Jefferson County Museum is closed for the month of January. The Museum at the Carnegie Library Building in Port Angeles will observe its normal Monday closure.
The Clallam County Genealogical Society Library will be open Monday.
* Ferries: The MV Coho’s Port Angeles-Victoria run, state ferry service between Port Townsend and Keystone and the Bremerton-Seattle ferry will be on regular schedule.
Service between Bainbridge and Seattle will add a 7:55 a.m. run from Bainbridge. The Edmond-Kingston run will add a 10 p.m. run from Edmonds and a 9:20 p.m. run
Washington State Ferries may add extra service on holidays, not listed in advance. To check, call 206-464-6400.* Peninsula Daily News: Business offices in Port Angeles, Port Townsend and Sequim be closed on Monday. The newspaper’s publication schedule is unaffected, and the newsroom can be reached in the afternoon and evening hours at 360-417-3527.