Tidepools 2003 is looking for a few good writers, poets and photographers.
Tidepools is a literary magazine published annually by Peninsula College, with support from the Peninsula Daily News. It features short stories, poetry and photography (color and black-and-white) from writers and artists living in Clallam and Jefferson counties.
Entrants may be amateurs or professionals, age 6 and older.
In adult categories, cash prizes are given of $150 for first place, $75 for second place and $25 for third. Each youth category has a $25 first-place prize.
Fees are $5 per entry for adults, $2.50 for youth ages 6 to 17. Contestants may submit as many entries as they wish.
Peninsula College students and staff may pay to enter the contest to win prizes, or may submit work at no charge for consideration for publication in the non-contest section of the magazine.
Entries must be postmarked on or before Jan. 10, 2003; winners will be announced Feb. 28.
Entry forms will appear in the Peninsula Daily News’ “Peninsula Spotlight” Friday entertainment magazine.
Entry forms are also available at:
* Peninsula Daily News offices in Port Angeles (305 W. First St.), Sequim (510 W. Washington St., Suite A) and Port Townsend (1939 E. Sims Way).
* All Peninsula College branches.
* Tribal centers and public libraries in Clallam and Jefferson counties.
* West Wind Gallery, Sol Duc Way, Forks.
* Clallam Bay Grocery, Clallam Bay.
* Joyce General Store, Joyce.
* Sequim: Pacific Mist Books, 121 W. Washington St.; Café Café Espresso, 755 W. Washington St.; Curves for Women, 765 W. Washington; Frick Drugs, 609 Sequim Village Center.
* Port Angeles: Port Book and News, 104 E. First St.; Jupiter Deli, 229 W. First St.; Odyssey Bookshop, 114 W. Front St.; Clallam Art League Gallery, in The Landing Mall, 115 E. Railroad Ave.; Camera Corner, 135 E. First St.; Raven’s World, 120 W. First St.; Rose’s Garden, 126 W. First St.; KONP radio, 313 W. First St.; Olympic Stationers, 122 E. Front St.; Bushwacker Restaurant, 1257 E. First St.; Curves for Women, 213 E. 8th St.; Ford Lincoln Mercury, 527 E. Front St.
* Port Townsend: Imprint Book Store, 820 Water St., and William James Bookseller, 829 Water St.For more information, call Bruce Hattendorf, 417-6243, or e-mail [email protected], or e-mail Debbie Hales, [email protected]