The Olympic Peninsula Nonprofit Alliance, an organization for more than 40 local nonprofits, looks to raise funds for those groups with the #ClallamGives fundraiser, set to run in parallel with a national giving event Tuesday.
#GivingTuesday is celebrated nationally each year on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, and #ClallamGives kicks off the local holiday giving season by inspiring people to collaborate, think, act and give locally.
Local business donors can participate by creating a matching gift program so that individual donations have greater impact.
“Our community has a reputation for people coming to the table for the common good. We’re all in this together, working to build a brighter future and a stronger Clallam County,” said Leslie Lauren, executive director of Olympic View Community Foundation.
In Jefferson County, check with your favorite organization to see if it is participating.
Event organizers said about 31 percent of all annual charitable contributions occur in the final month of the year, and 12 percent on the last three days of the year.
The year-end giving season can be the lifeblood for many nonprofit organizations, Lauren said.
This is especially true for many local nonprofits, she said, with many of them receiving a majority of their annual budgets between October and the year’s end.
“As we prepare for Dec. 3, we’re energized and encouraged by the community’s generosity,” said Melissa Williams, executive director of Feiro Marine Life Center.
“Bringing home the giving heart, #ClallamGives proves how generous, supportive and involved our neighbors truly are — and by giving together, we all rise,” Clallam Mosaic program coordinator Catherine McKinney said.
To become a business sponsor of matching funds, call Olympic View Community Foundation at 360-797-1338.
To make a charitable donation Dec. 3 to participating nonprofits, visit clallamgives.mightycause.com or, new this year, text to give by texting CLALLAM to 844-844-6844.
• Animal welfare — Port Angeles Pet Posse
• Arts/entertainment — Field Arts & Events Hall; Juan de Fuca Festival of the Arts; KSQM FM Community Radio; Olympic Theatre Arts; Port Angeles Community Players; Port Angeles Fine Arts Center
• Early childhood education — First Step Family Support Center; Olympic Nature Experience; Port Angeles Nature School
• Education/scholarships — Sequim Education Foundation; Sequim Prairie Nights Vocational Scholarship
• Environment/conservation — Composite Recycling Technology Center; Feiro Marine Life Center; North Olympic Land Trust; North Olympic Salmon Coalition; Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary Foundation; Washington Coast Savers
• Food insecurity — Sequim Food Bank; Port Angeles Food Bank
• Health services — Olympic Peninsula Community Clinic (formerly VIMO); Olympic Peninsula Healthy Community Coalition; Peninsula Behavioral Health; Sequim Free Clinic
• Housing/related services — Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County; Sequim Health & Housing Collaborative; Serenity House of Clallam County
• Human services — Clallam Mosaic; Friends of C.A.S.A. (Court Appointed Special Advocates); Sequim Wheelers; Shipley Center
• Veterans’ services — Capt. Joseph House Foundation; Pennies for Quarters; Sarge’s Place
• Nonprofit supports — Olympic Peninsula Nonprofit Alliance; Olympic View Community Foundation; United Way of Clallam County.