It’s the day of chills and thrills.
And to celebrate Halloween, agencies across Clallam County are hosting costume contests, handing out candy and celebrating in style.
Here’s a rundown of Halloween events:
* Children are invited to trick-or-treat with the Port Angeles Downtown Association from 2 p.m. until stores close.
Participating businesses will post orange signs in their windows.
Free photos will be taken at the downtown breezeway, 125 W. First St., from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
* Trick-or-treaters are also invited to The Landing mall on Railroad Avenue for a costume contest from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
* The Horror Hollow Haunted Graveyard and Maze will be held from dusk until midnight, at 816 S. Cedar St.
The event is free and hosted by Amy and Joel Frick, Jennifer Henry, Jeff Shipman, and Michael and Rachel Holm.
* Pacific Northwest Bank’s Port Angeles branch, 901 E. Front St., will transform into the Land of Oz today, complete with flying monkeys, the wizard and a yellow brick road.
Bank employees will be in costume with treats for children from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Crestwood Convalescent Center and The Children’s Club are hosting their 11th annual Safe Trick or Treat at Crestwood, 1116 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
The event includes trick-or-treating from 5:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m., games and a hot dog sale.
* Teens are invited to a Halloween party from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the new “Y House,” formerly the Teen Scene, at 723 E. Fourth St., across the alley from the YMCA.
The party includes a pool tournament and costume contest, with free hot dogs and drinks.
* The YMCA, 302 S. Francis St., will offer treats for kids all day until 10 p.m.
* On Friday, Tempest youth center will host the All Hallows Ball for all high school students, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the center, 535 E. First St.
The party includes breakdance and costume contests and door prizes.
Admission is $5.
* Sequim Town Partners is sponsoring downtown trick-or-treating from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Children are encouraged to wear costumes and collect candy from participating merchants, who will place a pumpkin notification in their window.
* Sunshine & Rainbows Child Development Center, 945 S. Forks Ave., is hosting the Kids Halloween Party from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The free event features crafts, games, goodie bags and other activities.
* The Pumpkin Patch, run by Sunny Farms Country Store at the corner of Kitchen-Dick Road and U.S. Highway 101, will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. today for pumpkin picking, straw and corn mazes, a small petting zoo, apple cider, and kettle corn.
The corn maze costs $6 for adults and $4 for children ages 15 and younger. The straw-bale maze is for smaller children and costs $2.
Flashlights will be available to navigate the mazes for a $5 deposit.
* The Crescent Booster Club will sponsor a Halloween carnival featuring games, activities and a haunted house, from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Crescent School, 50350 state Highway 112.Carnival admission is free and game tickets are 10 for $1.