The boards of local government agencies will meet next week on the North Olympic Peninsula.
The three Clallam County commissioners will conduct a public hearing regarding a proposed landscape ordinance during their weekly business meeting Tuesday.
The commissioners’ work session, at 9 a.m. Monday, will preview items set for action at their formal meeting, which starts at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The commissioners will also review the Ode to Joyce timber sale during a special joint meeting with the Department of Natural Resources at 1 p.m. Monday.
The hybrid meetings are in the county commissioners meeting room in the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
The meetings can be viewed online at https://www.clallamcountywa.gov/669/Live-Archived-Meetings-Online.
To participate via Zoom video, visit https://zoom.us/j/875561784.
To listen only, call 253-2125-8782 then enter meeting ID 875 561 7844 and passcode 12345.
Agenda items include:
• A bid award for $164,640 to Scarsella Bros., Inc. of Seattle for the lower Dungeness River levee slope repair project.
• A notice of a public hearing at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12, regarding proposed revisions to county code chapter 5.100 Consolidated Fee Schedule – Records Fees 110-A.
• A notice of a public hearing at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12, regarding proposed revisions to the county’s sign ordinance.
• A notice of a public hearing at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12, regarding the addition of a chapter to the Clallam County code for the compost procurement policy.
• A resolution to temporarily close a portion of Sekiu River Road during a repair project.
• Three budget resolutions, one to adopt budget revisions, one to adopt supplemental appropriations and a third to adopt debatable budget emergencies.
• An agreement with the Department of Ecology’s Washington Conservation Corps to provide field crew support for restorative trail work at Robin Hill Farm County Park.
• A letter to Olympic National Park regarding the importance of keeping Hurricane Ridge open to visitors during the winter.
• Will consider using opioid lawsuit settlement funds for harm reduction services and jail wraparound services.
• A presentation regarding Department of Natural Resources timber harvests and their impact on local mills.
• An update on the Small Business Development Center from SharonAnn Hamilton.
• A review of July’s financial results compared to budget projections.
• An interlocal agreement with Clallam County Public Utility District #1 regarding grant management and professional services for broadband development in the area of Joyce.
The meeting agendas are posted at https://www.clallamcountywa.gov/AgendaCenter.
Public comment may be sent to email@example.com.
Other Clallam meetings:
• The Housing Solutions Committee will meet at 9 a.m. Friday.
The hybrid meeting is in room 160 in the Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St., Port Angeles.
To join the meeting online, visit https://zoom.us/j/73124974523.
To listen only, call 253-215-8782 then enter meeting ID 731 2497 4523 and passcode 08816.
The three Jefferson County commissioners will hear a presentation regarding wildfire awareness from East Jefferson Fir Rescue Chief Bret Black when they meet at 9 a.m. Monday.
The commissioners also will conduct a public hearing regarding the dissolution of Drainage District 1, also known as the Chimacum Drainage District during a special meeting at 2 p.m. Friday.
The hybrid meetings are in the commissioners chambers in the Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson Street, Port Townsend.
To view the meeting live go to www.co.jefferson.wa.us and follow the links under “Quick Links: Videos of Meetings-Streaming Live.”
To join the meeting online go to https://zoom.us/j/93777841705.
To listen only call 1-253-215-8782 and enter access code 937-7784-1705#.
Public comments emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org will be included in the minutes, but no longer read aloud during the meeting; comments may still be made via Zoom or telephone.
The commissioners will hear a briefing on the Humane Society’s budget and operations from Tammy Hanks and conduct a workshop to review trust land transfer project applications.
Items on the consent agenda include an authorization for a request for proposals for public infrastructure funding and Housing Fund Board recommendations for $220,000 for homeless housing projects and $965,000 for affordable housing projects.
The full agenda can be viewed at www.co.jefferson.wa.us by following the link under “Quick Links: Videos of Meetings-Streaming Live.”
Association of counties
The Washington State Association of Counties will hear a weekly update on COVID-19 when they meet at noon Monday.
Both Clallam and Jefferson counties will participate.
To attend the meeting, register with the association at https://wsac-org.zoom.us/j/96091320845.
The association will also discuss current and emerging issues facing counties across the state.
Clallam County Public Utility District commissioners will hear a presentation on the proposed 2024 strategic plan from Shailesh Shere when they meet at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
The hybrid meeting is in the Lake Crescent boardroom at the PUD’s main office, 104 Hooker Road, Sequim.
To join the meeting online, visit https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84721624204?pwd=Q0pCaVRLWXFqeWpONVFYaFM0UFB2UT09.
To listen only, call 1-253-215-8782, then enter meeting ID 847 2162 4204 and passcode 718170.
The full agenda is posted at https://go.boarddocs.com/wa/clallampud/Board.nsf/Public.
Port of Port Angeles
Port of Port Angeles commissioners will recess to executive during a special meeting at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The hybrid meeting is at the port commission, 338 W. First St. Port Angeles.
To join the meeting online, visit https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84966546361.
To listen only, call 1-253-215-8782 and enter webinar ID 849 6654 6361; no passcode is required.
The agenda is posted at https://portofpa.com/about-us/agenda-center.
The Forks City Council consider an agreement with the Quillayute Valley School District regarding the grant for the Spartan Stadium bathroom project when it meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday.
The hybrid meeting is in city hall, 500 Division St., Forks.
To join the meeting online, visit https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84053878895?pwd=U1ZzaU1PU3QvSG4wbDc3bnphZ0QxUT09.
The full agenda is posted at www.forkswashington.org.
Port Townsend city
The Port Townsend City Council will tour the Port Townsend Golf Course during a special meeting at 6 p.m. Monday.
The hybrid meeting will begin at Mountain View Commons, 1925 Blaine St., Port Townsend and will end with a discussion at the Port Townsend Golf Course Clubhouse, 1948 Blaine St.
To join the meeting online, visit www.join webinar.com and enter the webinar ID 242 937 955.
To listen only, call 360-390-5064 and use access code 706-376-505#.
Peninsula College board of trustees will conduct its summer retreat at 9 a.m. Thursday.
The board will meet in Cornaby Center, Room A12, at the college’s Port Angeles campus, 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles.
The full agenda is expected to be posted at www.pencol.edu/aboutpc/board/agendas.
North Olympic Library Trustees
The North Olympic Library System Board of Trustees will elect new officers and confirm committee assignments when it meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
The hybrid meeting is at the Clallam Bay Branch Library, 16990 state Highway 112, Clallam Bay.
To join the meeting online, visit https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83859256414?pwd=MUR2RTQzM1daaDd1Um1oOHlVS0dtdz09.
The full agenda is posted at https://www.nols.org/board-administration.