Clallam County commissioners will consider a code amendment for mineral resource lands at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
The virtual meeting can be viewed at clallam.net/features/meetings.html.
Commissioners held public hearings on three mining ordinances Sept. 29 and Oct. 13. No public comment will be taken in the continued hearing Tuesday, according to the agenda.
Other agenda items for the business meeting include:
• A proclamation honoring all veterans, volunteers who assist them and recognizing Wednesday as Veterans Day.
• A sewer easement purchase agreement.
• An agreement with the state Traffic Safety Commission to fund high visibility emphasis patrol activities.
• A contract amendment with the Department of Health for the WIC program, an opioid action program and COVID-19 expenses.
• An agreement with the state of Department of Commerce for a shelter program grant.
• An amended agreement with Olympic Community Action Programs for residential rent and mortgage assistance.
• A bid opening for a sewer replacement project in Sekiu.
Commissioners will hold their weekly work session at 9 a.m. Monday.
Agenda items include:
• An agreement with Norpoint Tactical to provide security at the COVID-19 Social Distancing Center in west Port Angeles.
• An agreement with Olympic Peninsula Community Clinic to provide medical services at the Social Distancing Center.
• An agreement with Olympic Community Action Programs for the continued operation of the Social Distancing Center.
• An agreement with the state Military Department and U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the county’s emergency management unit.
• A resolution closing the Superior Court Clerk imprest fund.
• An agreement with Medicaid Administrative Claiming to support Medicaid-related outreach.
• A Federal Emergency Management Agency building resilient infrastructure and communities grant application.
• A 10 a.m. discussion on federal COVID-19 funding.
Clallam County Charter Review
The Clallam County Charter Review Commission will vote on a proposed charter amendment regarding the power and duties of an elected Department of Community Development director Thursday.
The virtual meeting will begin at 6 p.m. It can be viewed at www.clallam.net/features/meetings.html.
The Clallam Conservation District board will discuss long-range planning for water resources Tuesday.
For viewing options, click on the district’s website, www.clallamcd.org.
Other agenda items for the virtual meeting include:
• An Orca Recovery Day report.
• Approval of a plant sale plan.
• Discussions on 2021 district elections and in-person meetings.
• An agreement with Clallam County for on-site septic system repair.
• A professional services agreement with Zenovic & Associates for engineering services.
• Cooperator agreements.
Port of Port Angeles
Port of Port Angeles commissioners will conduct a budget and tax levy public hearing when they meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday.
To join the special meeting, go to us02web.zoom.us/j/84166673017 or call 253-215 8782. The webinar meeting ID is 841 6667 3017.
Commissioners also will consider a ConocoPhillips lease and hear a report on COVID-19.
Peninsula College trustees will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
The meeting can be viewed at www.zoom.us meeting ID 848 1649 1151, password: UWVzdEhiZHU wc3k4RHg2akxBWFZ DUT09
Public comments, including name, email address and phone number, can be submitted to [email protected] until 5 p.m. Monday
The agenda will be posted 24 hours prior to the meeting at www.pencol.edu/aboutpc/board/agendas.
The Sequim City Council will conduct public hearings on the city’s $33.5 million budget for 2021, a proposed 1 percent property tax increase, rates and fees changes for 2021 and potential accessory dwelling units (ADUs) code changes hen it meets at 6 p.m. Monday.
At 5 p.m., the council will meet with state legislators and the Sequim School Board to discuss legislative priorities.
Public Utility District
Clallam County Public Utility District commissioners will consider adopting a money purchase plan with International City/County Management Association when they meet at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
Join the Zoom meeting at clallampudnov9 or call 1 253 215 8782. The meeting ID is 940 1046 3856. The passcode is 473377.
Commissioners also will consider authorizing the disposal of surplus property.
Port Angeles schools
The Port Angeles School Board will meet with representatives of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe at 7 p.m. Thursday.
To see how to join the meeting, and for an agenda, see https://portangeles schools.org/.
On the agenda is a teaching and learning report, Native American education report and funding, an impact aid report, a review of the memorandum of understanding, recognition of Heritage Language Grant recipients and of Native American Heritage Month, which is Nov. 1-30.
Fire District 2
Clallam County Fire District No. 2 commissioners will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
To join the meeting, click here. The meeting ID is 432 908 1371. The password is 502502.