PORT ANGELES — Clallam County commissioners are seeking volunteers to fill 79 vacancies on 20 advisory boards and committees.
The deadline to apply is the close of business Nov. 18.
To apply, phone the commissioners’ office at 360-417-2233; visit their office at the Clallam County Courthouse, Suite 4, 223 E. Fourth St.; or download an application from the county website, www.clallam.net.
Descriptions of the advisory panels — and the application form itself — are available under the “Boards, Committees and Groups” link on the county website.
Vacancies exist on the following advisory panels, with specific categories listed where applicable:
• Agricultural Commission (3 vacancies) — Openings for a farmer in commissioner District 3 and a non-farmer at-large.
• Animal Issues Advisory Committee (9) — Openings of representatives of Districts 1 and 3, tribal government, veterinarian, equine, Friends of Forks Animals, Eyes That Smile and two at-large members.
• Board of Health (2) — Openings for a City Council member and at-large member.
• Boundary Review Board (3) — Openings for a governor appointee, cities appointee and special district appointee.
• Building Code Board of Appeals (4) — Openings for representatives of an architect, civil or structural engineer, alternate and an ICC-certified fire marshal, fire inspector or fire plan examiner.
• Carlsborg Community Advisory Council (4) — Openings for a resident within the urban growth area and business or real property owners within the Carlsborg Village Center.
• Chemical Dependency/Mental Health Program Fund Advisory Board (6) — Representatives of county Health and Human Services director, private providers not contracting for funding, chemical dependency/mental health services advocate and consumers, a homeless service provider and an at-large member.
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Community Action Team (2).
• Clallam Bay/Sekiu Sewer Advisory Committee (3).
• Crescent Community Advisory Council (1).
• Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (8).
• Heritage Advisory Board (3) — Openings for representatives of all three commissioner districts.
• Homelessness Task Force (7) — Openings for representatives of Clallam County Health and Human Services, tribal government, health care providers, WorkSource, faith community, business community and an advocate for youth issues.
• Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (2) — Openings for a representative of a collector of the lodging tax and potential user of the fund.
• Marine Resources Committee (1) — Opening for a representative of commissioner District 1.
• North Olympic Library System (1).
• Permit Advisory Board (6) — Openings for representatives of an architect, building trades, certified septic designer or installer, homebuilders association, manufactured homes/mobile home association and land surveyor.
• Sheriff’s Citizens Advisory Committee (8) — Openings for representatives of Clallam Bay/Sekiu, Forks area, Quileute Tribe, Port Angeles, Makah Tribe, Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe, Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe and Joyce.
• Solid Waste Advisory Committee (4) — Openings for representatives of West Waste Recycling, Murrey’s Olympic Disposal, business community and agriculture.
• Trails Advisory Committee (2) — Openings for representatives of a large private forest company and the city of Sequim.
Current members with expiring terms who wish to retain their position are asked to provide a written statement by mail to the commissioners’ office, facsimile at 360-417-2493 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporter Rob Ollikainen can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 56450, or at rollikainen@peninsula dailynews.com.