PORT ANGELES — Peninsula College will celebrate student work in the arts during the Student Arts Festival this week, beginning today.
The annual event, sponsored by the college’s Humanities Division, showcases student work.
Today through Friday, the college will feature performances by the college’s music and drama departments, a student art show in the PUB Gallery of Art, a student film festival, a multimedia book-signing event, awards for outstanding English essays and the ASC-sponsored sidewalk chalk art contest.
The following is the schedule, with events at the Peninsula College Port Angeles campus at 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
• Stay Home Art Contest Series III – Sidewalk Chalk: Create a sidewalk chalk drawing and submit a photo of it to [email protected] by midnight Friday. One entry per student. Prizes are $50, $30, $20 gift cards for first, second and third.
• Peninsula College Student Art Show. Awards presented on the Peninsula College PUB Gallery of Art Facebook page. View the show at https://tinyurl.com/PDN-ArtShow.
• 2020 Peninsula College Student Photography Contest: “Artistic Expression.” View the winners and the participant submittals on the PC Digital Photography Students Facebook page at https://tinyurl.com/PDN-PCPhotos.
• Creative Writing Students and Essay Award Winners Reading. This event will begin with a reading of original poetry, fiction and memoir by students in PC’s creative writing class. Following will be presentations by the English Department Essay Award winners from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Join via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/92516647095.
Multimedia Communications events with Professor Renne Emiko Brock and students are scheduled.
• Noon: Digital Storytelling students presentation.
• 6 p.m.: Honors Capstone Project by Multimedia Communications students.
• 7 p.m.: Moving Pictures Film Festival.
• Student Sidewalk Chalk Drawing Contest.
• “Sounds of Popular Music: Coronavid.” Synchronous listening of a 30-minute-long vocal mp4. The digital performance will begin at 12:30 p.m.
It will feature the sounds of Peninsula College Vocal Harmony under the direction of Elaine Gardner-Morales and accompanied by Al Harris.
All tracks were recorded virtually and were co-produced by Gardner-Morales and Harris.
• AA Honors Symposium. From 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Contact Dr. Bruce Hattendorf at [email protected] to attend via Zoom.
• “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.” 7:30 pm. (also June 13, 17)
A unique Zoom presentation of this production by PC’s Drama department.
Tickets are $6 general admission, students free. Contact Lara Starcevich at [email protected] for ticket information.