SIX YEARS DONE, so here we go on a seventh year of Keeping Live Music Alive and well on the Olympic Peninsula.
nYou’ve loved them at the Juan de Fuca Festival, and now you can get down and boogie to Tiller’s Folly at Castaways, 1213 Marine Drive, Friday and Saturday, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. If you dance or just want to give a listen, this band is always fun. $5 cover.
• On Friday, Billy Roy Danger and the Rectifiers play roots, blues and rockabilly at the Junction Roadhouse, junction of US. Highway 101 and state Highway 112 five miles west of Port Angeles, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. $5 cover.
All Points Charters and Tours will be providing a shuttle service for this great show, so call 775-9128, to get a ride out to the Junction, starting at 8 p.m.
On Sunday, Barry Burnett invites you to come out early and dance to a variety of music during the open mic jam from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
On Tuesday, Rusty, Duke, Crash and Dale, the High Definition Band, plays from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
On Wednesday, Jason and Ches and friends play from 7 p.m.
nIf you mix rock, jazz, and funk together you just might find War Pidgeon at the Lyre’s Club, 229 W. First St., Saturday from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Cover.
Tonight, stop in for the blues jam at 8 p.m.
On Monday, Craig Logue hosts the open jam from 8 p.m.
Lynn Peterson and the Phatt Kattz are playing next Wednesday, from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.,
•Supertrees plays this coming Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Wine on the Waterfront, 115 Railroad Ave.
• Tonight, Rene and Larry Bauer host the intimate open mic at the Itty Bitty Buzz, 110 E. First St., from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Friday night, the Veela CafÃ©, 133 E. First St., has Jim Lind providing both rock and country, fast and slow from his impressive repertoire, from 7:30 p.m.
• Get your acoustic bluegrass and old time music fix every Tuesday at Dave Secord’s Acoustic Jam at the Fairmount Restaurant, on U.S. Highway 101 west of Port Angeles, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Sequim and Blyn
• On Friday, Howly Slim will be at Galare Thai, 220 W. Bell St., from 6 p.m.
• Not to be out done, the Sauer Kraut German Restaurant will have Howly Slim performing Tuesday from 6 p.m.
•Kelly Thomas hosts the open mic at The Buzz, 128 N. Sequim Ave., Wednesday from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• On Friday, at the Oasis, 301 E. Washington St., The Billy Shew Band plays blues, rock and more from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
On Saturday, the rock comes a little harder with Robot Pi and Mean Recess filling the 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. slot.
• Friday, Thom Davis brings his unique guitar style to Stymies Bar and Grillat Cedars at Dungeness, 1965 Woodcock Road, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Tonight, get your country up at Club Seven Lounge at 7 Cedars Casino, Blyn, with the Jimmy Hoffman Band from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
On Friday and Saturday, bare your soul for some AC/DC with Soul Stripper from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
On Sunday, get your dancing shoes on for the Stardust Big Band from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. No cover.
Monday’s jazz program features Mark Holman and The Reflections for your dancing pleasure from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• At the Ajax CafÃ©, 271 Water St., Friday, Jess on the piano plays covers: Beattles, Billy Joel, Elton John, and other popular songs of the ’60s and ’70s, from 6 p.m.
On Sunday, Jim Nyby plays blues, ballads jazz, and soul from 5:30 p.m.
Jess returns on Tuesday, same time
•Tonight at the Upstage, 923 Washington St., catch Towns End — Live withQueen Sylveen and The Breach serving up lo-fi blues and Sylvia’s soaring voice, 7 p.m. $5.
Lauren Sheehan, Mark Graham and George Rezendes will be treating you to a bevy of blues, roots and folk Friday, from 8 p.m. $8 cover.
On Saturday, Tim Halpin and the Better Half rock the floor and blues you out from 8 p.m. $10 cover.
Call 360-385-2216 for more info.
• On Friday, Skidder Hill plays old-time, country and bluegrass at Water Street Brewing, 639 Water St., from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
At 9 p.m. Clay Bartlett covers blues, folk, and Americana
On Saturday, enjoy the roots, rock and gypsy folk of Zingara from 9 p.m.
• On Friday at Port Townsend Brewing, 330 10th St., catch the Delta Rays from 5 p.m.
On Sunday, Colin Spring entertains at 3 p.m.
• Saturday, local jazz man Ricky Kelly will be playing at the Castle Key Restaurant and Lounge, Seventh and Sheridan. from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. $8 cover.
•Washington Old Time Fiddlers play music at the Tri-Area Community Center, 10 West Valley Road, Chimacum. All players jam at 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., performance following at 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. free and open to the public. Donations support Fiddler Scholarships. Phone Hershel Lester at 360-417-6950, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
John Nelson is a self-styled music lover and compulsive night owl who believes in “KLMA — Keep Live Music Alive” on the North Olympic Peninsula. His column, Live Music, appears every Thursday.
Are you performing in or promoting a live music gig? Contact John by phoning 360-565-1139 or e-mailing news@ peninsuladailynews.com (subject line: John Nelson).Also, check out “Nightlife,” a listing of entertainment at nightspots across the Peninsula, in Friday’s Peninsula Spotlight magazine.