SEQUIM — Back for its 14th year, the North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival once again brings an interactive event to Sequim in early October.
The festival includes such activities as a museum exhibition, workshops, educational demonstrations of fiber processes, hands-on projects for children and adults, a fiber arts market of local artists’ work and fiber supplies and information about local fiber activities groups, businesses and instructional resources.
The opening reception for “Irresistible Aesthetics — Beauty, Absorption, & Ideology” at Sequim Museum & Arts, 544 N. Sequim Ave., is from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. today during the First Friday Art Walk.
Demonstrations and a fiber arts market follow the next day.
The exhibit will continue through Nov. 30.
“Irresistible Aesthetics” is a juried fiber arts exhibition.
Participating artists include Carolyn Abbott, Judy Anderson, Lora Armstrong, Lynn Baritelle, Catherine Bilyard-Eagle, Renne Emiko Brock, Mary Ann Clayton, Betty Cook, Anne Davies, Lauralee DeLuca, Lisa Fagerlund, MarySue French, Nona Giersch, Lisa Gilbert, Janet Green, Stan Green, Marilyn Hiestand, Leslie Hoex, Erica Iseminger, Estelle Jackson, Susan Kroll, Gladis C. Marr, Kathy Martin, Donna McMillen, Brianne Moores, Sherry Nagel, Sue Nylander, Ilse Osier-Forrest, Patti Pattison, Jolene Sanborn, Pauline Schultz, Gloria Skovronsky, Peggy St. George, Jan Tatom, Gail Van Horsen, Marla Varner, Linda Wesseler, Nancy K. Wilcox and Jean Wyatt.
Here is the schedule.
• Exhibit: Oct. 1 to Nov. 30, at Sequim Museum & Arts, 544 N. Sequim Ave.
• Opening reception: “Irresistible Aesthetics — Beauty, Absorption, & Ideology,” 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, during October First Friday Art Walk, at Sequim Museum & Arts (Sequim ArtWalk.com, SequimMuseum.com)
• Fiber Arts Extravaganza Demonstrations and Fiber Arts Market: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Sequim Museum & Arts; includes items from fleece to finished products including apparel, household goods and supplies to fiber works; demonstrations by Brock, Gilbert, North Olympic Shuttle and Spindle Guild, Martin, Tatom, Twisted Strait Fibers, Wyatt and Strait Knitters, exhibiting artists, North Olympic Shuttle and Spindle Guild. The Meet the Makers Reception will start at noon.
• Fiber Arts Exhibition: “Irresistible Aesthetics,” noon to 3 p.m., Sunday, Sequim Museum & Arts.
• Sequim Fiber Arts Fiber Arts Market and Exhibition: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 1, during November First Friday Art Walk, Sequim Museum & Arts.
• Fiber Arts Market Small Business Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 30, Sequim Museum & Arts
For more information, see the North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival Website at FiberArtsFestival.org.