Nine artisan North Olympic Peninsula wineries and cideries will pair libations and local savory cuisine during this weekend’s Harvest Wine Tour.
All venues will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for the self-guided tour and some venues may have extended hours for non-tour visits.
Advance tickets are available online for $40 or $45 at the door and are non-refundable. These tickets include a souvenir wine glass, wine tasting at each winery and food pairings.
Visitors who get their ticket stamped at all nine locations will be entered into a drawing for a gift basket.
Tasting fees for those not participating in the ticketed event will be $10 per person per winery or cidery.
This tour will celebrate the tastes of harvest from one end of the North Olympic Peninsula to the other.
The Olympic Peninsula wineries will offer more than food and drink.
At Finnriver Farm in Chimacum (boots recommended) participants will be welcome to walk the orchard and then enjoy a hot cider cocktail.
The art gallery will be open at Marrowstone Vineyards featuring the work of local artists, including custom wood pieces by Bill Tolf.
Weather permitting, children can enjoy the corn hole, ladder ball and bouncy animals at Port Townsend Vineyards.
A garden setting and blazing fire pit await visitors to Camaraderie Cellars in Port Angeles.
At Wind Rose Cellars in Sequim, local musician Dawn Martin will perform a wide range of songs from the 1960s and ’70s this evening. On Saturday, solo seven-string guitarist Trevor Hanson will draw from a wide range of styles including jazz, classical, Latin and folk music.
Participating wineries and cideries include:
• Harbinger Winery, 2358 U.S. Highway 101, Port Angeles
• Camaraderie Cellars, 334 Benson Road, Port Angeles
• Olympic Cellars, 255410 Highway 101, between Sequim and Port Angeles
• Wind Rose Cellars, 143 W. Washington St., Sequim
• FairWinds Winery, 1984 W. Hastings Ave., Port Townsend
• Port Townsend Vineyards, 2640 W. Sims Way, Port Townsend
• Eaglemount Wine and Cider, 1893 S. Jacob Miller Road, Port Townsend
• Marrowstone Vineyards, 423 Meade Road, Nordland
• Finnriver Farm and Cidery, 124 Center Road, Chimacum
Designated drivers do not need to purchase a ticket and are always welcome to taste the food.
While children are allowed in the tasting rooms, participants must be 21 or older to purchase tickets or participate in wine and cider tasting.