PORT TOWNSEND — Although Olympic Music Festival’s special summer gala this Sunday is sold out, tickets are still on sale for the rest of the season.
Superstar violinist Sarah Chang will star in the Olympic Music Festival’s special summer gala kicking off the summer season Sunday.
Following the gala, the music festival, in concert with Centrum, will present concerts over several weekends ending Sept. 10, in addition to a special concert for children and their families at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 27.
All concerts will take place at 2 p.m. the Joseph F. Wheeler Theater at Fort Worden. General admission tickets for all but the gala range from $33 to $40 except for the Aug. 27 Music for Children and Families, which is free, although reservations are required.
Here is the schedule:
• July 15-16 — The Great Piano Trios.
• Aug. 12 — Music from Mozart’s final 10 years in Vienna, performed by young musicians from around the world.
• Aug. 13 — “Hungarian Fantasies.”
• Aug. 19 — “From Beethoven.”
• Aug. 20 — “Twilight in Paris,” the final performance of the Olympic Chamber Music Fellowship.
• Aug. 26-27 — Musicians from GardenMusic.
• Aug. 27 — Music for Children and Their Families, an hour-long interactive educational performance for children.
• Sept. 2 — “Between Worlds,” music by Beethoven and Shubert.
• Sept. 3 — “Beyond Virtuosity,” which will feature Bach, Brahms and Ravel.
• Sept. 9-10 — In the season finale, the Ariel Quartet will perform Beethoven.
For more information, and to purchase tickets or make reservations, see http://www.olympicmusicfestival.org/.