SEQUIM — Organizers hope to raise $100,000 for the Olympic Medical Cancer Center in Sequim during the 17th Harvest of Hope Wine & Dinner Gala, set for 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
The gala will be at the Guy Cole Event Center, 202 N. Blake Ave.
Cocktails begin at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:15 p.m.
Tickets are $135. They are available at www.omhf.org or by calling the Olympic Medical Center Foundation at 360-417-7144. Proceeds will go to the cancer center in Sequim.
Presented by the Olympic Medical Center Foundation in conjunction with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, the annual event will raise money for equipment that “will keep the center as a world class treatment center,” said Bruce Skinner, executive director of the Olympic Medical Center Foundation.
The foundation has donated more than $1.4 million dollars to the cancer center in the past three years. That includes funds for the center’s major expansion that’s nearing completion.
The evening features dinner by local chef Kathryn Kitts of The Sweet Beginning Café. Wines from local wineries — Harbinger, Olympic Cellars and Camaraderie Cellars — are to be paired with a four-course meal.
During the event, Bill and Esther Littlejohn of Sequim will be presented with the Rick Kaps Award, an honor that recognizes organizations and individuals who have supported the cancer center.
Attendees also will have an opportunity to help raise funds through the purchase of raffle tickets or live and silent auction items.
Sample live auction items include:
• A trip anywhere in the U.S. to the concert of your choice (including Elton John, Justin Timberlake, Carrie Underwood, Bruno Mars, Imagine Dragons, The Eagles, Ed Sheeran, U2, Pink, Taylor Swift, etc.).
• “Pick Your Paradise” — a safari trip for two to South Africa, Bali or Tuscany in Italy.
• A trip to Napa Valley.
• A variety of “instant” wine cellars.
• Lessons and dinner at the Barhop Brewery in Port Angeles.
• Trip to Cabo San Lucas.
• An autographed guitar from Tom Petty and Willy Nelson.
For more information on the wine and dinner gala, call the OMC Foundation.