FORKS — Hickory Shirt/Heritage Days continues today through Sunday.
On Wednesday, Richard Halverson was named Pioneer Logger by the West End Business & Professional Association. Other events were held Thursday.
The annual celebration, which has the theme of Stump Stories — West End Homesteading, fetes the history of the West End, based in logging and hard work. Residents are urged to wear their hickory shirts, blue-grey and white striped shirts worn by loggers.
Admission to the Timber Museum at 1421 S. Forks Ave., will be free all days of the celebration.
A special display is planned all week in the Forks Library.
Here is the schedule for the rest of the week.
(The Forks Chamber of Commerce warns that the schedule is subject to change without notice.)
• 10:30 a.m. — Family Storytime at the Forks Library.
• 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. — Forkestra at RAC.
• 7:30 p.m. — “A String of Stories about Aprons and Those Who Wore Them” by the Rainforest Players at RAC.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Spinners and Knitters at museum.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Art Show at RAC lobby.
• Noon to 3 p.m. — Family events at Forks Library — check for times and ages.
• 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Beginner cedar bark basket weaving at the RAC; $25. Sign up 360-640-0359.
• 1 p.m. — Dedication of Gold Star Families Memorial Monument at Forks Transit Center, 551 S. Forks Ave. Music provided by the Northwest Navy Band.
• 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. — All Ages Art at the RAC lobby
• Noon to 5 p.m. — Sawing Demonstrations on the grass at the Forks Timber Museum.
• 7 p.m. — Dance at Rainforest Arts Center. Music by Loose Gravel.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Spinners and Knitters at museum.
• Noon to 4 p.m. — Art Show at the RAC lobby.
• 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. — Level 2 cedar bark basket weaving at the RAC. $25 to participate. Call 360-640-0359 to sign up.
• 3 p.m. — Little Logger Contest sponsored by Forks Lions Club, Forks Outfitters, 950 S. Forks Ave; also a pumpkin patch sponsored by the West End Business & Professional Association.