PORT ANGELES — Clallam County freeholders approved five proposed revisions to the county charter on Thursday and will send them to voters in November.
The Charter Review Commission, in one of its final meetings, approved provisions that would:
* Make the director of the Department of Community Development an elected position.
* Require primary elections for nonpartisan county races only when more than two candidates file for the office.
* Establish priorities for county commissioner redistricting.
* Clarify the selection, duties and responsibilities of the county administrator.
* Establish new rules for the county initiative process.
——————The rest of the story appears in the Friday/Saturday Peninsula Daily News Clallam County edition. Click on SUBSCRIBE to get the PDN delivered to your home or office.