The 2019 Peninsula Daily News All-Peninsula Boys Golf Team:
• Co-MVP: Blake Wiker, sr., Sequim: His 37.69 strokes/per nine holes scoring average tied for first in Olympic League with Jacobsen. Won Olympic League Golf Championship in one-hole playoff and finished sixth at state in his fourth trip to state. It was also his second state top-10 in his career.
• Co-MVP: Paul Jacobsen, jr., Sequim: Averaged 37.69 strokes per nine holes and finished second in playoff at Olympic League Championships. Held first day lead at state championship and ended up placing 10th in third-straight state trip.
• Logan Storm, sr., Chimacum: Third in Class 1A/2A Olympic League with a 41.42 average per nine holes. Shot 6-over-par 78 to finish third at league tournament, first amongst 1A players. Qualified for the Class 1A State Golf Tournament for the second straight season and finished 28th overall.
• Ben Sweet, fr., Sequim: Played his best golf of the season in the postseason for Sequim, shooting a then-high school best round of 80 at the Olympic League Championships and following up with an even-better 79 in the first round at state. Sweet tied for 21st at state and averaged 42.36 strokes per nine holes in league play.
• Jacob Madison, jr., Port Townsend: Posted a 43.4 scoring average per nine holes and reached his third straight Class 1A State Tournament, finishing in a tie for 24th.
• Liam Payne: sr., Sequim: Averaged 43.85 shots per nine holes, qualified for state tournament and closed out his prep golf career with a 39 on the back nine at state.
Coach of the Year: Bill Shea, Sequim: Wolves went 9-0 in Olympic League play to earn their fourth straight Olympic League Championship and also placed second at the Class 2A state tournament for the second-straight season.
Peninsula Daily News