PORT TOWNSEND — The special candidate filing period for Jefferson County to attempt to fill 10 open positions started Monday morning, and there are still six positions that have no candidates.
The filing period began at 8:30 a.m. Monday and will close at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
As of Monday afternoon, here are the positions that now have candidates:
• Port Townsend School District, Position 2, a four-year term: Jeffery Taylor (active)
• Paradise Bay Water District, Position 1, a two-year unexpired term: Cal White (pending approval)
• Paradise Bay Water District, Position 3, a six-year term: Raelene Marie Rossart (pending approval)
• Brinnon Parks and Recreation District, Position 3, a four-year short and full term: Brenda B. Williamson (pending approval)
Remaining open positions are:
• Forks Community Hospital, Position 2, a six-year term.
• Queets/Clearwater School District, Position 1, a two-year unexpired term.
• Clearwater Fire District, Position 1, a six-year short and full term; Position 2, a four-year unexpired term; and Position 3, a two-year unexpired term.
• Gardiner Cemetery District, Position 1, a six-year term.
To file, candidates can submit their declarations in five ways:
• In person at the Jefferson County Auditor’s Office at 1820 Jefferson St. between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. during the filing period.
• Online until 4 p.m. Wednesday by going to tinyurl.com/JeffCoCandidateFiling.
• By mail with declarations sent to Jefferson County Elections at P.O. Box 563, Port Townsend. Mailed submissions must be in the auditor’s office by 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Emailed as an attachment to Quinn Grewell at [email protected].
• Faxed to 360-385-9228.
Jefferson County reporter Zach Jablonski can be reached at 360-385-2335, ext. 5, or at [email protected].