PORT TOWNSEND — Candidate filings remained unchanged Tuesday during the second day of a three-day special filing period in Jefferson County.
No additional candidates filed to run for public office Tuesday.
There were 10 open positions without candidates during the May filing period. Those positions became available again during the special window this week to be on the general election ballot in November.
The filing period will end Wednesday at 4:30 p.m., Elections Coordinator Quinn Grewell said.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the following positions have candidates:
• Port Townsend School District, Position 2, a four-year term: Jeffery Taylor.
• Paradise Bay Water District, Position 1, a two-year unexpired term: Cal White (pending approval).
• Paradise Bay Water District, Position 3, a six-year term: Raelene Marie Rossart (pending approval).
• Brinnon Parks and Recreation District, Position 3, a four-year short and full term: Brenda B. Williamson (pending approval).
Remaining open positions are:
• Forks Community Hospital, Position 2, a six-year term.
• Queets/Clearwater School District, Position 1, a two-year unexpired term.
• Clearwater Fire District, Position 1, a six-year short and full term; Position 2, a four-year unexpired term; and Position 3, a two-year unexpired term.
• Gardiner Cemetery District, Position 1, a six-year term.
To file, candidates can submit their declarations in five ways:
• In person at the Jefferson County Auditor’s Office, 1820 Jefferson St., between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. during the filing period.
• Online until 4 p.m. Wednesday by going to https://voter.votewa.gov/CandidateFiling/CandidateLogin.aspx
• By mail with declarations sent to Jefferson County Elections, P.O. Box 563, Port Townsend. Mailed submissions must be in the auditor’s office by 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Emailed as an attachment to Quinn Grewell at [email protected].
• Faxed to 360-385-9228.
Jefferson County Managing Editor Brian McLean can be reached at 360-385-2335, ext. 6, or at [email protected].