PORT TOWNSEND — Jefferson County’s registered voters had returned by Friday 12.4 percent of ballots due Nov. 5.
The Jefferson County Auditors Office had received 3,201 ballots of the 25,830 provided voters for the general election, the office reported.
The Clallam County Auditor’s Office had received last week 4,376 ballots, or 8.1 percent, of the 53,842 provided to voters.
Ballots, which contain envelopes with pre-paid postage, were mailed on Oct. 16.
Jefferson County ballots must be postmarked by Nov. 5 or dropped off no later than 8 p.m. that day at the following locations:
• Jefferson County Courthouse, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. A drive-up drop box is provided in the parking lot to the rear of the courthouse off Franklin Street.
• Jefferson County Auditor’s Office in the county courthouse, open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
• Jefferson County Library, 620 Cedar Ave., Port Hadlock. A drive-up drop box is in the parking lot. Access will be limited by seal coating today and Tuesday.
• Brinnon Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 306144 U.S. Highway 101.
• Quilcene Community Center, walk-up, outside near the entrance, 294952 U.S. Highway 101.
• Nordland Fire Station, drive-up, in the parking lot, 6633 Flagler Road, Nordland.
For a sample ballot and other information, see co.jefferson.wa.us/1266/Elections or call 360-385-9115.