Day three of candidate filing week resulted in more contests for several elected positions on the North Olympic Peninsula.
Contests with three or more candidates will be on the Aug. 1 primary ballot with the top two winners of those contests going on to the general election on Nov. 7.
Filing week will end Friday.
In Clallam County, general election contests are now set in the Cape Flattery School Board and the Sequim Community Recreation Center (Clallam County Parks & Recreation District 1) commission.
The Cape Flattery School Board race is between Position 4 incumbent Donald Baker, who filed for re-election on Wednesday, and challenger Cathy Walde, who filed Tuesday afternoon.
The Sequim Recreation District commission contest is between candidates Jason Bushman and Dick Neal for Position 3. Both candidates filed for the position Wednesday morning.
In Jefferson County, a general election contest is set for the Position 4 seat on the Quilcene School Board. James Hodgson filed Tuesday night to run against Anne Bessey, who filed on Monday morning. The seat is now filled by Jessica Gossette.
Other candidates who have filed for public office in Jefferson County on Tuesday night and throughout the day Wednesday include:
• Vanessa Kowoosh, incumbent for Position 2 on the Queets/Clearwater School Board, filed Tuesday night.
• Jeremy Mueller filed to run for Brinnon Cemetery District Position 1 on Wednesday morning.
• Cathy Bohman filed to run for Position 4 on the Coyle/Thorndyke Parks and Recreation District commission on Tuesday.
• Incumbent Thomas Obi filed Wednesday for re-election to the at-large Position 4 on the Queets/Clearwater School Board.
• Tami Robucker, Chimacum School Board Position 4 incumbent, field for re-election Wednesday.
• Casey Carson filed Wednesday afternoon for Position 1 on the Discovery Bay Fire District 5 board.
Other candidates who have filed for public office in Clallam County on Tuesday night and throughout the day Wednesday include:
• Port Angeles Deputy Mayor Brendan Meyer filed for re-election to Position 7 on the City Council on Wednesday.
• Kristen Williams filed for Position 5 on the Port Angeles School Board on Wednesday. The seat is currently held by Jacob Wright.
• Candidates Jim Black and Patrick Day filed Wednesday for Positions 2 and 6, respectively, on the Sequim City Council.
• Incumbent Susan Hopper filed for re-election to the Crescent School District Board on Wednesday.
• Bryan Murphie filed on Wednesday to run for Position 5 on the Crescent School District Board.
• Shannon Dahlgren and Michael Reaves both filed to run for Positions 1 and 5, respectively, on the Quillayute Valley School Board. Reaves filed on Tuesday night while Dahlgren filed on Wednesday morning.
• Chet Hunt filed for re-election to Position 2 on the Clallam County Fire District commission on Wednesday.
• Incumbents for Clallam County Fire District 4 Ben Pacheco and Dan Peacock have filed for the respective positions, 1 and 4. Pacheco filed on Tuesday whereas Peacock filed on Wednesday morning.
Reporter Ken Park can be reached at email@example.com.