PORT TOWNSEND — The University Women’s Foundation of Jefferson County, an affiliate of the Association of American University Women Port Townsend, is seeking women for its university scholarships.
Details, criteria and application forms are posted online at www.pt-wa.aauw.net.
Applications are due Saturday, March 13. Scholarship recipients will be notified in early May.
The foundation plans to award $53,900 in scholarships in 2020.
The scholarships are:
• Elmira K. Beyer Endowed Scholarship: $11,000 for a student who has at least one year of university study and wishes to continue her education, this year the foundation has an additional Elmira K. Beyer scholarship of $8,500.
• Lisa T. Painter Endowed Scholarship: $5,900 for a student in the fields of law, fine arts or health care at an accredited college, university or graduate school.
• Technical/Career School Scholarships: $5,000 each for two students pursuing certification from an accredited technical school such as the School of Wooden Boatbuilding, or the Seattle Film Institute.
• Constance Anna Pash Scholarship: $3,500 for a student whose field of study is within the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), with preference for math-based disciplines.
• UWF Environmental Scholarship: $3,000 for a 2020 high school graduate, or a continuing college student, studying environmental science with a focus on climate change.
• High School Scholarships: $4,000 for a 2020 graduate of each Jefferson County High School (Port Townsend, Chimacum and Quilcene) with a GPA of 3.5 or greater enrolling in 2020 full-time university study or a community college for courses that are required preliminary to university study.
For more information, email email@example.com.