By Elizabeth Williams
SEQUIM — Fire gutted the kitchen and garage of a single-story home at 252 Parish Road on Saturday afternoon.
No one was injured.
Carol Madan, who had lived in the house for 14 years, said she tried to put out the fire, which started in the utility room, but soon gave up.
“We knew there wasn’t anything we could do,” she said. “We opened the door and saw the flames.”
A neighbor was the first to see the fire and called 9-1-1.This entire report appears in today’s Peninsula Daily News, on sale throughout Clallam and Jefferson counties. Or click on “Subscribe” to get your copy delivered to your home or office.