PORT HADLOCK — Residents of a Port Hadlock rental are temporarily staying at the Old Alcohol Plant after a small fire over the weekend.
East Jefferson Fire-Rescue was toned out Saturday afternoon to a possible chimney fire in a two-story wood-framed rental home in the area of Ninth Avenue and West Kincaid Street, according to a news release.
The resident initially believed the fire was out, but upon arrival, firefighters found the fire in the fireplace had burned through the exhaust pipe and extended into the floor joists.
Firefighters prevented the fire from going beyond a small area.
Three of the residents were transported to the Old Alcohol Plant, where management offered shelter for several nights.
The homeowner believes that repairs can be made and the house re-occupied in just a few days.