PORT ANGELES — Today is the final day to return a ballot for the primary election.
Ballots must be postmarked by 8 p.m. today or returned to one of eight drop boxes in Clallam County.
The Clallam County primary ballot includes nonpartisan, contested races for Olympic Medical Center commissioner, Port Angeles City Council and Clallam County Fire District No. 2 commissioner.
The top-two vote-getters in each primary race will advance to the Nov. 5 general election.
A North Olympic Peninsula primary voter guide is available at www.peninsuladailynews.com.
Election results will be posted shortly after 8 p.m. today on the Clallam County Auditor’s Office website, www.clallam.net/Auditor.
The Clallam County Auditor’s Office had received 9,655 ballots as of Friday, the last day for which ballot return statistics were available.
That was 18.95 percent of the 50,955 ballots mailed to voters countywide.
Voter turnout for the 2018 general election was 76.15 percent.
Results of the primary election will be certified Aug. 20.
Drop box locations
Here are the official drop box locations in Clallam County:
• Port Angeles — Clallam County Courthouse, 223 E. Fourth St. Two locations: one in the circular drive and one near the disabled parking area.
• Sequim — Sequim Village Shopping Center near JCPenney, 651 W. Washington St.
• Carlsborg — Near Sunny Farms Country Store off Mill Road, 261461 U.S. Highway 101.
• Forks — Forks City Hall, 500 E. Division St.
• Clallam Bay — Clallam Bay branch library, 16990 state Highway 112.
• Sekiu — Clallam County Public Utility District’s Clallam Bay/Sekiu office, 15 Sekiu Airport Road.
• Neah Bay — In front of Washburn’s General Store near the left totem pole, 1450 Bayview Ave.
An accessible voting unit also is available in the Auditor’s Office in the courthouse.
For information on the election, call the Auditor’s Office at 360-417-2221.
Reporter Rob Ollikainen can be reached at 360-452-2345, ext. 56450, or at [email protected].