PORT ANGELES — The city of Port Angeles will reopen the Lincoln Park Dog Park and the Erickson Playfield Skate Park today.
The parks had been closed temporarily in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
City staff consulted Clallam County health officials, who support the reopening of these facilities and believe these to be allowable activities at this time.
Rules for the parks:
• Enter at your own risk; the park is not sanitized.
• Do not enter park if you are exhibiting any illness symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• Wash your hands before and after entering the park.
• Limit groups to five or fewer and spread out to promote at least 6 feet of physical distancing.
• Wear a mask when proper distancing cannot be accomplished.
• Avoid physical contact like handshakes or high fives.
• Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, water faucets and trash cans with bare hands.
• No spectating, congregating or lingering on or near the skate park before or after riding.