When summer bus schedules go into effect June 18, the Clallam Transit System will also make permanent changes to some bus routes and schedules.
The most far-reaching changes will be on Sequim routes, Operations Manager Terry Weed said Friday.
The changes are designed to make the system more efficient and attract new riders, he said.
Here are the changes transit customers can expect June 18 and after:
* Old Olympic Highway route No. 31 and Dungeness Bay route No. 44 will be eliminated, Weed said.
Dial-a-ride service will replace bus service in areas now served by routes No. 31 and No. 44, Weed said.
Passengers who want to use the dial-a-ride buses should call 360-452-4511 the day before they travel, he said.
* Route No. 40, the Sequim shuttle, will be altered and the loop to House Road via Old Olympic Highway will be eliminated, he said.
The bus will no longer stop in the Seventh Avenue shopping plaza or the Fifth Avenue medical plaza.
* Route No. 52, from Sequim to Diamond Point, will continue with three trips daily.
But changes will be made in the eastern portion of the route, the area south of the beach and departure times, Weed said.
* LaPush route No. 15 and Neah Bay/Clallam Bay route No. 16 will experience changes to be announced.
* The loops around Russell Road, Bogachiel Way and Calawah Way will be eliminated from route No. 14 between Port Angeles and Forks.
Summer stops at Lake Crescent Lodge and Peninsula College will also be eliminated.
* The Pine-14th-Cedar streets loop on Port Angeles route No. 24 will be eliminated. The route runs along Eighth Street to I Street.
* The 9:05 p.m. departure of route No. 26 serving the west side of Port Angeles and the Elwha Tribal Center will be changed to 7:05 p.m.
* The 10 p.m. departure of route No. 10 from Port Angeles to Joyce will be changed to 9 p.m. Peninsula College and Log Cabin Resort stops will be eliminated.This full report appears in the Sunday Peninsula Daily News, on sale in Clallam and Jefferson counties. Or click onto “Subscribe” to order your copy via U.S. mail.