PORT ANGELES — The 35th annual Operation Candy Cane begins Saturday.
Firefighters with the Port Angeles Fire Department will drive the streets of the town in a decorated 1956 Seagrave fire engine with Santa passing out candy canes.
Firefighters will collect donations of non-perishable food, cash, checks and gift cards to benefit the Port Angeles Food Bank, the Salvation Army and — new this year — Peninsula College’s Pirate Pantry.
During the six-day campaign, firefighters hope to collect between 12,000 and 14,000 pounds of food and about $4,000.
Each night, Operation Candy Cane will begin at 5:30 p.m. A siren will announce when the fire truck is nearby.
Here is the schedule:
• Saturday — West of I and M street.
• Sunday — I and L streets to C Street.
• Monday — C Street to Lincoln Street.
• Tuesday — Chase Street to Chambers Street.
• Wednesday — Jones Street to Golf Course Road.
• Thursday — South of Lauridsen Boulevard.